Netflix is great. Everybody enjoys watching their favorite show at the end of the day. However, television is not the only stress reliever out there! There are many other ways to wind down that don't include a staring at a screen.

1. Pamper Yourself

Giving yourself a manicure or pedicure is self-care and a form of expression. You can also do this with a friend to get some great bonding time in.

2. Try Out a New Recipe

Cooking is relaxing, it teaches you a new skill, and makes for some delicious eats.

3. Explore Your Area

Whether you choose to bike, skate, or walk, you're getting exercise and vitamin D from the sun. You may even find a new go-to picnic spot.

4. Decorate Your Space

It's fun, DIY projects are cheap, and it will turn your house into a home.

5. Stretch

Endorphins, flexibility, and meditation. There are many yoga videos on Youtube that you can watch for free! Here's one specifically for calming your nerves.

6. Paint, Draw, or Create Art

Art uses a different part of your brain and it makes life more beautiful.

7. Call or Write or Someone You Haven't Seen For Awhile

Stay in contact with your loved ones. It will make both of your days brighter!

8. Dance Out Your Stress

Burns calories, produces endorphins, and will definitely make your roommates laugh.

9. Just Read That Book Already

Knowledge is power, baby.

10. Volunteer

It relaxes your soul!

Although Netflix is society's favorite pastime, it shouldn't take up all our free time. When you watch television, you aren't productive. But these activities can help you enjoy your free time more and gain a sense of accomplishment. Sounds like a win win to me!