10 Things You Should Always Make Time For

I get it. There are only 24 hours in the day and you have to make use of every last second. With work, internships, school, social activity and sleep, your time is extremely limited and you can barely keep your head above water. Even finding time to eat is a struggle. Finding time for something is different than making time for something, though, and you have to make time for the things in life that make you happy and relieve those everyday stresses.

Don't forget to make time for:

1. YOURSELF!

Whatever you enjoy doing, just do it. If Grey's Anatomy is your thing, watch it all day long. If you adore shopping, roam the candle aisles at Target until you drop. You're a passionate vegan? Explore every last farmer's market. Simply love hanging out with your friends? Spend the day with them. Carving out time for yourself is essential. Try to forget your hindering responsibilities and just focus on you, boo.

2. Adventure & Exploration

Now I'm not saying you should go sky diving or bungee jumping, but set aside some time to do something a little out of your ordinary. Explore some shops in the town next to your own. Do something adventurous with your friends. It doesn't matter what you do, just do something new!

3. Reading

Reading is so nourishing for your mind and spirit. So read a book — like a real book. Dig your nose into the pages and soak in every last word. Fold the corners of where you left off, itching to return to that page. Highlight the words that make your heart throb. Just get lost in a story that's not your own.

4. Writing

Writing is equally as important. Allow yourself some time to write anything that's not school or work-related. Give yourself an outlet to express how you feel whether you're blogging, journaling, writing creatively or simply sketching some inspirational quotes.

5. Alone Time

I am a huge extrovert and I have serious trouble setting aside time to unwind from my go-go-go lifestyle. But, I know it is extremely important. Our world is constantly connected and finding solitude is a lost art. Spend some time today with the most important person in your life: you!

6. Socializing

Even you, introverts. As great as alone time is, you can't stay in your head forever! Have a good conversation and surround yourself with your friends' laughter. Heck, just enjoy the presence of others.

7. Being Altruistic

Give others compliments. You really enjoyed your psych professor's lecture? Tell him! Your barista's earrings are super cute? Tell her! Hand out compliments like they're candy — It will make your day great and someone else's even greater.

8. Quality Family Time

You know you should spend some time with the fam, but it's such a lingering duty. I get it. Your family may be broken. They may be annoying, nerve-racking and loud. But you love them. And needless to say, you have grown up and don't spend nearly as much time with them as you used to. Get coffee with your dad, have lunch with your mom and take a shopping trip with your sister. Quality family time is refreshing.

9. Connecting With Nature

Take your dog on a walk! Go for a hike. Explore the closest national park to your home.. Heck, even a walk through your back yard will do. Connect with nature and all of it's beauty. I guarantee you will feel more at ease.

10. Sleep

Take naps. Take lots of naps. Hey, even sleep for 12 hours when you need to. Your mind, body and spirit need to rest and trust me — will thank you for it when you do!

So today, reevaluate what is most valuable to the bigger picture in your life. Maybe you do need to finish that English paper before your shift tonight, but a nap would ultimately be in your best interest. Time is the most precious and sadly, is extremely limited. Spend it wisely.