10 Things That Should Stay In 2016

10 Things That Should Stay In 2016

Let's all hope 2017 is a better year with less embarrassments.
44

So, I believe we can all agree that there are some things that should just stay in 2016. Social media habits, serious social issues, trends, fads, etc... some just need to go. The old saying "new year, new me" should definitely apply when it comes to some of the tragic characteristics of this year. Here's just a few of the many.

1. Forward texts/Facebook messages

Those messages that say "forward this to 10 people or this creepy girl will be in your room tonight" or "if you send this text to 3 other people you will have a great year" just need to stop. It was cute in middle school, but let's be done with it.

2. Nude leggings

I mean, do I really even need to explain why this should never happen again? Why was this ever a good idea in the first place? Who thought of this? It's just gross. No one should have to question whether or not you have pants on.. nuff said.

3. Lil Yachty

I'm not trying to just pick on this particular rapper, but the rap that makes absolutely no sense and you can't even understand what they are saying has got to stop. What happened to true hip hop? Rap that told a story?

4. Space Buns

Why? Just why? I'm sorry if I offend anyone by this but it's not cute. Since when was Miley Cyrus a fashion icon? Wearing your hair like a kindergartener is not okay. It's just odd.

5. Being oversensitive whiny babies

This generation is ridiculous. We are seriously offended by everything. Since when did we become such spoiled, privileged brats? Like I was always told growing up, "put your big girl panties on and deal with it."

6. Letting NFL players disrespect our country

I understand some people may agree with what he did, but I don't. I think part of the reason our country is in the state it is in right now is because of people like this. Instead of making an effort to change what's wrong with the country, they just show disrespect. What they don't understand is they aren't just disrespecting the people hey don't agree with, they are disrespecting the soldiers who fight and lose their lives to give these spoiled brats all their many freedoms.

7. Idolizing the Kardashians

I mean why does everyone care about them so much? They have nothing positive to admire. Most of what makes them "hot" is fake, they do nothing positive for society with their fame and riches, and they are the constant topics on nauseating tabloids. What's the big fascination?

8. The "side chick"

So bragging about cheating on a girl, and leading two girls on is not okay. We are joking around about guys being complete losers. And back to this new pathetic generation of rap: you're not helping. Rap songs makes it sound cool to treat girls like crap.

9. Taking all our favorite famous people away

Willy Wonka, Grandma from Halloweentown, Princess Leia... Can 2016 just stop already? Some of the most talented people have passed this year. It was a year of many sad losses.

10. Man buns

Those are just a few of the many things we should leave behind. Let's hope 2017 is a better year, and less embarrassing.