10 Things Everyone Should Do Every Single Day

Don't worry, be happy.

43
GoodThinkInk

Life is hard. I've only experienced a little over 18 years of it and that fact is about the only thing I can conclude with absolute certainty about life. There are all sorts of "remedies" for being happy or fixing your unhappiness but I believe that everyone is allowed to be unhappy too. Everyone is different and in a different place but everyone also needs a little more light in their life. Here are 10 things everyone should do every day to live their life, even in a small way and to keep the happy vibes rolling.

1. Laugh.

Laugh at least once every single day. It can be the small chuckle you release when you see something funny on the internet or it can be the gut-tearing laugh that only your best friends and family can make erupt out of you. Just laugh, let your face muscles get some exercise.

2. Appreciate something or someone.

Take some time every day to remind yourself of something good happening. Appreciate that it took you 5 less minutes to get home or that the line at Starbucks wasn't as long. Maybe you appreciate that your husband made a fresh pot of coffee or that your baby decided tonight was the night to sleep soundly. Find one small thing every day that is good, and that you can appreciate for making your day a little bit brighter.

3. Take a deep breath.

Breathe. Take the conscious time and energy to sit and just breathe. Take 30 seconds to breathe in the aromas, good or bad that surround you. That extra oxygen will be good for your brain function.

4. Tell someone you love them.

It can be your dog, fish, next door neighbor, mom, dad, husband, significant other, sister, grand-mom, or local hobo. It can be anyone! Just take a moment to remind someone that you care for them. It'll feel good for all involved parties.

5. Smile more.

We've established that life is hard but try to find something to smile about or at every single day. Even if you have to specifically go to a pet-store to smile at a kitten, do it.

6. "Me" time.

Allow yourself some alone time every day. As little or as much as you want. It's healthy to let yourself remember who you are and to forget about other people for a while. Enjoy the solidarity.

7. Learn something new.

Knowledge is everything! I'm not saying you have to enroll in a university, but try to learn something new. It can be a new way to make mac-n-cheese, a shortcut on your commute, the secret to changing the toner in a coping machine or the split-screen option on your PC.

8. Sleep.

Sleep is a variable thing. It affects everyone differently and every individual requires more or less than another. Just make sure you get some of it.

9. Go out.

Change your environment at least once a day. Eat lunch outside or take the long way home after work. Change your perspective and alter what may be a monotonous routine.

10. Love yourself.

Don't forget to love who you are. Spend less time judging yourself in the mirror and more time complimenting yourself on finishing a project, making someone happy or getting to bed before 2 am.