10 Soccer Pre-Season Struggles

10 Soccer Pre-Season Struggles

It's not easy.

64
10 Soccer Pre-Season Struggles

It's almost fall again which means it's time for college soccer pre-season. It's really a love-hate situation. Loads of running, loads of sweating, loads of scratches and bruises and sometimes loads of crying!

It's the time where the freshmen come in and the team has to find the bond all over again. But overall, us as players wouldn't trade playing the sport we love for anything.

Here are the reasons we sometimes hate to love soccer.

1. Your feet go from nice to nasty.

Since soccer is all about feet, they do go through a lot and it sometimes even grosses us out to the point we can't look at them. From blisters to bruised toenails, our feet have been through it all.

2. Eating for five people

During preseason we love to eat even more than usual. Most days our schedule is... eat, train, eat, nap, eat, train, eat, eat, eat. Don't judge us.

3. Everyday is leg day

Usually we wake up not being able to feel our legs or even make it to practice. We never really recover all the way, we just get used to the pain...

4. Fitness test nerves

Fitness test days are the scariest of them all, we go in usually not knowing what to expect so the first few days are nerve-wracking. No one really knows how much everyone else did during the summer and everyone obviously is out to impress.

5. Ice baths everyday

Straight after practice we crave ice baths as they're our only hope of feeling the tiniest bit ready for the next day.

6. Hitting a cone in speed training and having the whole team do another round.

It happens, we've all hit a cone in speed training or in "the box." Our legs just sometimes give up on us, right?? It's just pretty unfortunate when it results in the team re-doing the whole round of sprints!!

7. Having to miss class for soccer games, and then study while we're away.

Of course it's nice to have a reason to skip class, but what isn't nice is having to catch up on all the work that we miss during away games. We have to suck up to our professors to the point that it can get embarrassing if we want a good grade since we probably miss 50% of their classes during season, too. Studying at the hotel can be hard too since we're constantly tired AND around all of our friends.

8. Naps, naps, and more naps.

We're constantly tired. When we're not training or eating... we're napping. Which is also why it's super hard to do our homework.

9. Going to class in our soccer uniforms.

Starting practice at 6am and having class at 9am doesn't really work out the best for us. We have to run to class in our practice stuff, so we do apologize for our appearance... and smell!

10. The famous soccer tan.

Being out in the scorching heat most of the day doesn't give us any hope for a nice tan. Our legs and arms are 5 different shades of tan... so it's pretty embarrassing when we try and go anywhere in dresses or shorts.