10 Signs You Are A Diehard Philadelphia Eagles Fan

Once an Eagles fan, always an Eagles fan, from generation to generation.

I love football. Ever since I was a little girl, I loved it. My brother played football and I was always there to cheer, as a cheerleader and a sister, for his team. It was something we bonded over. We'd go outside and play. He taught me to throw the ball with a perfect spiral. I still show off my football throwing skills, if I get the chance. Football isn't only in my family but it's in all of us, in every state. We all have our teams, but here in Philly...the Eagles are the shit. If you don't like the Eagles, you better keep your head down. If you do, here are 10 signs you are a diehard Eagles fan.

1. You know the fight song word for word.

I'm ashamed that I know this, but my brother would sing it so often I couldn't help but memorize the words. He always sang it loud and proud on game day.

If you hear someone else singing it, you join in and bond with each other over your love of Eagles football.

2. You know all the players and their history.

Carson Wentz got a thorough background check when he was drafted on the team. You know everything about him from his childhood, college, and even his favorite protein shake. You vet all players to make sure they are good enough to be on your team. If you don't like someone that gets drafted, oh boy, everyone will be talking about it. Your opinion of that shit choice will be KNOWN.

3. You plan your life around when the Eagles are playing each week.

If the Eagles are on then nothing else can be planned from the moment the game starts until the very end. You don't understand how people can have a party and NOT have the game on. Those monsters.

4. You wear green for every game.

You bet your ass you are in your favorite jersey. You wear that shit all around town, showing how proud you are and supporting your team. If someone has a problem they can take it up with you. You may or may not have almost tussled with someone because they said they didn't like the Eagles. You set them straight.

5. You have weird rituals and if you don't do them, you feel like you jinxed the team.

You have a ratty, lucky jersey that you always wear. Yeah, you could put that nice new one on, but the old one is LUCKY. They have to win if you wear it. Or you have to wake up on your right side and they will win. You have to sing the song exactly fifteen minutes before the game starts. Y'all have crazy ass rituals.

6. If they lose your whole day is ruined.

Oh my god. My boyfriend, my brother, and my Bob get SO upset when they lose the game. It affects them all day, and if you are a true Eagles fan it affects you too. But you know you still love the team and you'll be rooting for them again at the next game!

7. Sports radio is the ONLY thing you listen to during football season.

Sports radio keeps you updated and when you are in the car it's the only station that's on. And if you happen to be in the car while the game is on, you bet your bottom dollar that it's being streamed into your car. You won't miss a SECOND of the game so help you, God.

8. You only go on Bleeding Green Nation when surfing the web.

You spend hours on this site. It's the only site that matters because it lets you bond and stay informed with your beloved team.

9 The Cowboys are the ultimate rivals.

If your friend supports the Cowboys, you begin to rethink your friendship. If you do decide to stay friends you send them "WE WON!" texts every time the Eagles destroy the Cowboys...which isn't all the often.

10. You yell at the T.V. the whole game because HOW DID YOU MISS THAT!?

Eagles fans are easy to rile up and man, when the team starts losing, look out because y'all get HEATED. I learned to stay out of the storm when shit goes down.

Other teams football brings people together. Eagles football bonds you for life. Once an Eagles fan, always an Eagles fan, from generation to generation.