14 Things You Probably Miss About High School

Hold onto 16 as long as you can.

174

All throughout high school we looked forward to graduation day. It was the day we would finally get the hell out of there and never look back. Now in college, I often find myself missing high school. Here are 14 things that we never thought we'd miss when we went off to college:

1. Your old friends

Once you go away to college, you will lose touch with some of the people you talked to in high school. People change, and unfortunately, it's not always for the best.

2. School events

Class superlatives, prom, senior skip day, you name it. College doesn't have all of that fun stuff (but it totally should!).

3. Lunch

The best part of every day was sitting down with your friends and gossiping over gross school food.

4. Having your teacher know your name

In college you're lucky if they even recognize you as one of their students.

5. Knowing everyone in your classes

By the time you actually memorize everyone's name in your class, the semester will be over, and you'll probably never see half of those people ever again.

6. All of your classes were in one building.

Having to plan around how long it will take you to walk to each class is such an inconvenience. On the bright side, at least you're burning off that freshman 15 (kinda)!

7. Not having to pay for anything

Take advantage of those free books and not having to pay thousands and thousands of dollars a year!

8. Snow days

Very seldom will you get a snow day in college. Thirty feet of snow on the ground? Don't get your hopes up you're still going to school.

9. After school activities

Whether you were on a sports team, in a club or in the school musical, having things to do after school gave you something to look forward to. Of course you can do these things in college, but it's probably not the same.

10. Yearbooks

The day yearbooks came out was one of the greatest days of the year. And of course you had to get everyone to sign your yearbook, even if you didn't really like them.

11. Study hall

A whole period dedicated to napping, gossiping with your friends and doing absolutely anything but study.

12. Having every single class with your best friends

Most likely the only way you will have classes with your college friends is if they're in the same major as you. If they're not, then you probably won't see them very often until the weekend.

13. Picking out cute outfits every morning

In college you'll be rocking sweats at least once a week, if not every day.

14. Senior year

Senior year was by far my favorite year of high school. Senior picnic, senior skip day, senior trip — I still can't believe how long it's been since graduation day.