10 Things We Loved To Hate In High-School

I didn't peak in high school.

173

The best years of my life did not happen when I was in high school. How crappy would that be? To think that the best years of your life flew by in waking up early and staying up late and eating terrible lunches. But as much as I bag on high school, there are a few things I miss.

1. Knowing everyone in your class.

Everyday you knew exactly which friend would sass the teacher and how the teacher would respond. It was like clock work. You never had a class with someone you didn't know, you and your squad held it down all four years of honors and AP classes.

2. Having a set schedule everyday.

Even though it sucked, you had your daily routine down packed. Go to school, go to practice, get home and take a nap, dinner, shower, sleep and repeat. In college it's so much harder to get a set routine down because you never know when a professor might want to cancel class. So now you have an hour before your next one and you don't know if you have enough time to go home and take a nap or just stay on campus.

3. Having a set lunch hour.

Sure the lunches were terrible but at least you knew that at 11:25 a.m. everyday you were going to eat. I couldn't tell you the last time I sat down to eat a real meal. All my eating is solely snack food and left over pizza.

4. Prom.

Prom was my absolute most favorite time of the year. I loved dress shopping and the promposal, taking pictures with my friends, dancing, the good food. Any excuse to wear Sherri Hill, I'll take.

5. Free books.

I regret never using my English book and simply throwing it underneath my bed. Buying books may or may not be the most stressful thing in college. "Are we going to use this often?" "Can I re-sell it even though it's a workbook?" "Do I want to rent or buy?" Don't take this for granted kids, you can easily blow $500 on two books in college.

Even though I do miss all these things about how high school, these are five things I don't miss a little bit, not even at all.

1. School starting at 7:55 a.m.

I am so thankful that in college we can pick our class times. If you're not a morning person, take classes that start at 1:00 and if you are a morning person have fun in your 8 a.m.'s!

2. Dress code.

It's a little ridiculous the rules schools have in regards to clothing. In college you see people going to class in their freaking pajamas and I wore T-shirts so big they covered my shorts but that didn't stop my male classmates from acing Psychology.

3. Having to ask to go to the restroom.

It's crazy to think about that less than a year ago we had to ask permission to go use the restroom and now we're out adulting. Also why did teachers think that if we went to the bathroom at 8:00 in the morning we didn't have to go again for another 78 years?

4. Cafeteria food.

Yeah, what are you talking about Steph? Mystery Meat wasn't a joke. The food was always cold and somehow it all tasted like cardboard with salt on it. Even if you weren't a fan of veggies, you were still forced to get them and essentially waste the food you weren't gonna eat. Now, I'm lucky enough to have a Chik-Fil-A right in front of my dorm which is a blessing and a curse.

5. The obnoxious 14-year-olds.

Nothing was more frustrating than being an upperclassmen and being put in a class full of freshmen. They're babies and know nothing. Here's a tip freshies, bragging about the banger you went to over the weekend isn't cool and you're also probably lying because you don't even drive yet. So who are you again?

Although high school wasn't the best 4 years of my life, I still had some of the best times. Homecoming, prom, athletic events, learning to drive, are all memories I hold very near and dear. High school is where I learned exactly who I didn't want to be. Thank Buddha, I didn't peak.