10 Reasons To Leave Your Paid Hell

10 Reasons To Leave Your Paid Hell

If you leave life can become heaven again.
64

Recently, I have been in a rut with my current job and as the process continues I have found more reasons that I just shouldn't be here. My love for the people at my job and the customers will never change, but honestly my own safety and well being has to come first and I have noticed that some people at work just don't tend to understand. So here are a few things to note when contemplating leaving a job.

1. How long have you been there?

A lot of people leave due to money, which honestly plays a factor in mine. If you have been there near a year, talk to your supervisor and manager maybe they would be willing to help you out. Most realize that everyone has bills and financial stability rules most decisions when it comes to the so called "real world".

2. Not everyone cares about you personally, you have to

I have worked multiple jobs, and you will never have the perfect manager that is life, but having a decent manager is necessary. I once had a manager that fired me for being absent too often when I told them the reasons and they knew in advance but still were unhappy. Wrecks and family deaths were why I was gone but they did not care. Your boss to a certain extent needs to understand that your job does not come before your health, or family problems, if they arise such as a family death you need someone that will understand that you may be needed there.

3. School

I am currently in my senior year of college, and my boss is iffy about understanding how much goes into it. Being tired constantly, and dealing with fighting over set schedules and how much time you actually have.

4. Sleep

The body cannot function properly without adequate sleep, remember that. You need to watch out for your own health and some places will keep you there until the last minute possible. DO NOT let your boss 100% control your life to the point that you ignore your own health.

5. Have you already found another job?

If you are going to leave, remember financial stability will be completely gone if you walk away without another job. I want to leave, but without a backup plan I can't go anywhere.

6. How are the people?

When considering a job change, remember the people are what makes the job. If you have crappy coworkers your job will feel crappy. Assess the people there, do they seem happy? Are they tired? Overworked? Look for signals that can tell you if this is the right fit.

7. How desperate are they to hire?

If they are extremely desperate and not a new store, there may be a problem. See how often they have been "hiring" in the past few months. If its big, people may be leaving due to some other issues inside of the workplace.

8. Management

The manager may talk to you and seem friendly, but they can be deceitful. I have worked under management that made me want to cry, but at first they seemed perfect. You want to make sure that the manager will actually grow to care about you as part of their team, rather than a helping hand.

9. Is this a job you want?

Changing jobs to another filler, "I need the money" will not help the situation unless you believe it is best. Apply to jobs that you would actually want not every job that pops up in hopes that the next will be better. You have to make it better.

10. Stress

Last of the reasons, stress is a major factor in leaving, and we all have to look for a better. I am constantly calculating money, the best way to increase my paycheck and not work exhausting hours. If your stress is money related, try for higher pay and definitely write down a larger requested pay on job applications. If the job will bring more stress into your life due to hours, then drop it, stay where you are.