10 Reasons Soccer Is Kicking Down The Door In The U.S.A.

The game is beautiful and the United States is ready to get excited. Are you?

17
Google

Twenty years ago, no one cared much for soccer. Ten years ago, it became an idea. Now everyone is begging for the U.S. to have the next World Cup. But some people aren't convinced. If you're one of them, you may want to reconsider.

1. The Women's National Team. What else is there to say? They put on a clinic in the final and brought home a REAL world championship after Independence Day. The weekend was perfect. Our women won against the world?! WHAT!

2. We fall in love all over again. We see great players like Wambach and Rampone able to retire on top while new stars take the scene with Johnston, Morgan, and Lloyd... Oh, Lloyd.

3. The passion from male and females alike. Women make road trips to Canada to support their girls while the men follow and scream just as loud. It's a sport everyone can love!

4. Let's not forget the men. South Africa 2010, the men beat England (the inventors of the game) for first place. Brazil 2014, in the "Group of Death," the Men's National Team stood no chance. Yet they advanced and put on a show to remember, slowly becoming powerhouses around the world.

5. Tim Howard. How many athletes can boast that they are the Secretary of Defense? Everyone loves Timmy! He was even listed on Wikipedia for a day as the new Secretary of Defense. Chuck Hagel (actual Secretary of Defense at the time) even called Tim to congratulate him.

6. It is simple. You watch non-stop for 45 minutes, take a 15 minute potty break, grab snacks, take your dog out, then it's one more half of intense 45 minutes. No commercials every other play, no timeouts, just non-stop activity through rain, heat, and even blizzards.

7. It is a sport all can partake in. Never touched a soccer ball? No problem! Go to a field and toe ball it if you want. You eventually get better and there are numerous games to play. World Cup, Knockout, or one of my favorites, Butts-Up. It is a universal game and so easy an elephant could do it... kind of.

8. The celebrations.Sports nowadays. You get fined for excessive celebrating. You can't do dance moves or slam dunk a field-goal post. You just high five and smile. Not in soccer. The sport has some of the most creative celebrations around. That's part of the fun!

9. FIFA The Video Game. Whether you play soccer or not, you must own FIFA. The greatest game of all time. Don't want to go to the bars? Play FIFA. Having a slumber party? Play FIFA. You pick up the control sticks and the most insane trash talking comes out of your mouth. It's all fun and games until you get scored on in the 90th minute.

10.We come together as one. As we all hear in the news, violence, race wars, and new policies are hurting people and we're tired of fighting each other. Come game time, we can enjoy the match together with every race, gender and age. Male and female, young and old are unified to support the country we love: America. And no matter how many times you partake in game watching, you can't help but feel a chill run through your body as the whole world watches with you. Join in if you have the time, you won't regret it.