Maybe Taylor Swift is a sorority girl after all.
You either love Taylor or you hate her. I have always been one of her biggest fans and I know more lyrics of hers than I am proud to say or admit. Taylor Swift is known for her love songs, which many will argue are actually love gone wrong songs, but do they really have to be? So many great lyrics that show the love she once had with many, many boys.
While listening to the radio the other day, the song "Blank Space" came on and the some of the lyrics to just this one song described so much of my feelings toward my sisters. After this, I started to realize that a lot of her songs are this way. Sisterhood is an ongoing good time. You always have nights where you just have to be with them. You love them like they are your blood family because to most, they are real family. Below are 11 times Taylor Swift perfectly described sisterhood better than I can.
1. “Nice to meet you, where you been? I could show you incredible things.”
We all know recruitment week was one of the most stressful weeks of my life. You all showing me how incredible you are helped calm me down a little.
2.” It feels like a perfect night to dress up like hipsters. And make fun of our exes, uh uh, uh uh. It feels like a perfect night for breakfast at midnight.”
Every night is an adventure when you have sisters around.
3. “But something 'bout it felt like home somehow.”
Wasn’t sure what made me feel like it was home before I went through recruitment, but it felt like home somehow.
4. “So don't you worry your pretty little mind. People throw rocks at things that shine”
Whether It be a heartbreak or just a hard day, you got this. If someone brings you down, it just means you are above them.
5. “All I can say is it was enchanting to meet you.”
So thankful for all of my sisters. This speaks for itself.
6. “So I tuck you in, turn on your favorite night light.”
When you are having a bad day, I will be there to tuck you in no worries.
7. “But I know I had the best day, with you today.”
Whether it be a day full of volunteering or just a day to lounge around, it is always the best time.
8. “And people say things that bring you to your knees, I'll catch you.”
The world is a cruel place, but I will catch you.
Just like the song says, I am only me when I’m with you.
10. “You're beautiful, every little piece love, and don't you know, you're really gonna be someone”
Literally anyone of my sisters will someday outshine the world. You guys are perfect just the way you are.
11. “Seems the only one who doesn't see your beauty is the face in the mirror looking back at you.”
The only one crazy enough to not realize how beautiful you are, is yourself. Any person would be lucky to have anyone of my sisters.