Fraternity men, whatever you think of them, are everywhere and they keep coming out of nowhere. Welcome to Interfraternity Council Rush Week at Temple. This can be one of the worst weeks of your life, whether you hate or love these boys, or the best week of your life, if you're a potential pledge still getting treated like gold.
Since I'm a girl, you're probably wondering why I care about fraternity rush week. Well, as a sorority woman I am barred from showing bias during rush week, although anyone who knows me personally knows which frat I ride the hardest for, and ladies in general are not allowed near rush events. Rush week is for the boys. While this may be a good thing to some sorority women and a bad thing to others, I think rush week is one of the best weeks. This is why.
1. Boys and girls have a week off from each other.
2. That means less boys at the bar during GNO.
Less drama, am I right ladies?
3. Nights with other fun groups on campus/friends.
4. Rush week t-shirts.
I don't know how they do it, but they make some of the best pocket t-shirts. Also, how can they get away with making everything alcohol related? A question for the ages.
5. Boys finally caring about Instagram likes and retweets.
6. Fraternity recruitment videos.
7. Finally knowing who is, or isn't, in a frat.
8. Seeing these frat boys care about something other than themselves.
It is just finding more guys like them, but still it's the big picture here!
9. Knowing your favorite frat will have new friends for you to add to your circle.
Every pledge is nice to everyone the brothers know.