10 Fun Activities and Places You Should Visit This Summer

If you're looking for some new and fun ways to spend your summer, check these out!

48
Toronto Sun

With summer approaching, many of you are probably beginning to plan your fun summer activities. If you are looking for some fun things to add to your list, here are a few suggestions you might enjoy.

1. Lantern Fest

The Lantern Fest is a huge event where everyone that attends gets a lantern that they light themselves, and then at night, everyone releases them into the sky at once. I had no idea that they had these in America, let alone anywhere nearby. This year, they are having one in Mohnton, PA on Saturday, June 25th. The tickets are $40, but they also have live music, food trucks, and campfires. If you ask me, it would be totally worth it.

2. Madame Tussaud’s Museum in NYC

Located in the heart of Times Square, The Madame Tussaud’s Museum is a fun spot for everyone. They have wax figures of a ton of famous people ranging from famous actors, actresses, musicians, sports stars, and presidents. This also requires tickets to get in, but trust me, it’s worth it. When I first went here, I didn’t know what to expect, and I thought it would be boring. But it was actually really fun.

3. Sunset Beach

Sunset Beach is at the tip of Cape May, New Jersey. Unlike other beaches in New Jersey, this one is at a perfect spot with the view of a gorgeous sunset. After a day of relaxing at the beach, seeing a beautiful sunset is the best way to top it off. The beach also has a gift shop and a small café so you can sip a cold drink and eat some snacks while watching the sunset.

4. Parasailing

Parasailing is an activity where you glide through the air over the ocean wearing a life jacket with an open parachute while being towed by a boat. You don’t have to be a daredevil to like parasailing. Although, I might not recommend this activity for someone who is afraid of heights. But, if you are looking to overcome that fear, parasailing is a great way to do it. The main place you can go parasailing is New Jersey, either in Ocean City or Wildwood.

5. Atlantic City Boardwalk

I’m sure if you live in Philadelphia or New Jersey, you’ve been to this boardwalk. But no matter how many times I go, it never gets old. This boardwalk is filled with tons of shops and even has a casino. The casino is actually a really fun place to visit, even if you can’t gamble yet. One of my favorite things on this boardwalk is the cupcake shop, called Boardwalk Cupcakes, which makes some of the best cupcakes I’ve ever had. The beach is also right next to the boardwalk, so if you’re a beach person, definitely check it out!

6. Fractured Prune Donut Shop

Don’t let the name of this donut shop turn you off. While it is an uncommon name, the donuts are incredible. And the best part is, they sell them warm. What’s better than a warm donut?! This small shop is located in Ocean City, New Jersey on Asbury Avenue. They have all kinds of unique flavor combinations that you can’t find anywhere else. If you ever find yourself in Ocean City this summer, (and you love donuts of course), I highly recommend stopping here!

7. Whale/Dolphin Watching in Cape May

If you love animals, especially ones in the ocean, this activity is for you. I did this a few years ago, and it’s actually pretty fun. You get to ride on a huge boat into the ocean in spots where you can see whales or dolphins you normally wouldn’t be able to see, which makes this activity so unique. This is typically fun for all ages and very kid friendly if you have kids that would want to go!

8. Biking in Ocean City, NJ

If you are like me and you love a good bike ride, you need to rent a bike at Ocean City’s bicycle shop. It’s the best way to explore the boardwalk, shops, and restaurants without having to worry about parking. They also have surreys, which can fit more than one person if you go with a group. It’s also a great way to get some fresh air and exercise.

9. Wave running

Wave running is an activity where you “drive” and operate a watercraft called a wave runner. Although you need a license to operate one, they can fit 2 people, so you can still ride one with someone who has a license if you don’t have one. Even kids are allowed to participate. You do have to pay to rent a wave runner, but you really get your moneys worth. This is something I have done for years, and it’s still fun every single time.

10. Clancy’s By The Sea Restaurant

Clancy’s is located on Ocean City, New Jersey’s boardwalk. Their main attraction is seafood, but they also have bar type food and a breakfast menu. My favorite thing to do is ride my bike on the boardwalk in the morning and eat breakfast here. They offer outside seating with a view of the beach, which creates the perfect atmosphere.