A Letter To My Family During Christmas

A Letter To My Family During Christmas

Thank you for being the best gift of all.

8791
A Letter To My Family During Christmas

The holiday season is my favorite time of year. All of the lights, decorations, and holiday cheer make me the happiest person in the world. However, there's something much more important about this time of year than all of the superficial parts. Christmas for me is all about being with my family because they are truly what's most important to me. Nothing would be the same about this holiday if I wasn't surrounded by all of my loved ones.

To my family,

Thank you in advance for thinking of me during this holiday season. I know we've all spent hours and days thinking of the perfect gifts for each other, and that can be hard. It's tough to put your love and appreciation for someone into a material object. That's why I'm writing you this letter. It's the best way I can think of to tell you how much you mean to me during this holiday season.

I'm sure I'll love whatever gifts I pull out from underneath the tree, but you didn't need to get me them. I'm sure I'll love whatever plans we've made, but I'd be happy just sitting at home around a fire with you. Let's play board games and sing Christmas carols too loud and off key. Let's not worry about spending money on material items. Let's focus on each other.

I want you to know how much you mean to me. I could live without all the presents and decorations in the world, but I couldn't live without you. You are the backbone that gets me through all of life's toughest times. I wouldn't have made it through half of the curveballs thrown my way if you weren't there to guide me.

Thank you for always finding a way to keep us moving. Sometimes we fight, but we always make up. Sometimes we face lose, but we always realize how much we still have to be thankful for. We always stand together when facing an opponent, no matter if we are wrong or right. I'm so thankful to have such a strong support system.

This Christmas, I want to remind you that I love you. My gift to you is a promise to always be on your team. I promise to always listen and never judge. I promise to build you up and wipe your tears when you feel like breaking down.

To me, you are the ultimate gift. Having a crazy, dysfunctional family that loves in its own unique, unbreakable way is something I wouldn't give up for anything in the world. You are one of a kind, and I'm so thankful you're mine. Merry Christmas. I'm thankful that I get to spend it with you.