Christmas: 10 Best Places to Spend Christmas In the World

The best places to spend Christmas in the world.

34

After much research, I have come down to the conclusion of the top 10 places to spend Christmas, if you want to get away from home this season. These places span the globe and give many of you the opportunity to leave the country for the first time, even if it is Canada.

Disneyland (Paris, France)

Disneyland is one of the most magical places on earth all year round. At Christmas, they go above and beyond to create an environment and experience you can never forget. It is an magical experience for all.

Bath, England

The Theatre Royal holds a varied program of holiday drama, musicals, opera and concerts, including "Jack and the Beanstalk" and French farce "The One that Got Away." Bath also holds an 18-day Christmas Market has more than 170 wooden chalets selling British handmade crafts. This is just a great place to visit, Bath gives you great access to South England and Wales. It is a great hub to stay at.

Barcelona, Spain

Barcelona's Christmas day celebration consists of a 200-meter swimming competition across the harbor and then spending time with family. But the Christmas holiday is extended until Three King's Day which is January 5th. On the evening of January 4, the three kings arrive in the city's port on the Santa Eulalia, their own ship. When they arrive, Canons are fired, fireworks are set off, and as the mayor hands them the keys to the city. The people of the city parade through the streets in floats that includes camels, elephants, giraffes and dazzling costumes. It is an incredible experience for all.

Lapland, Finland

The Fins Believe that Lapland, located just north of the Arctic Circle, is the North Pole and Santa’s headquarters. In Lapland, children can make gingerbread cookies with Mrs. Claus, enroll in Elf School or take a calligraphy class and compose their Christmas wish lists with a traditional quill. Other attractions include the Zoo, home to baby polar bears, wolverines and moose. An extremely cool experience is to stay in the Arctic Snow Hotel, which is made entirely of snow and ice.

Nuremburg, Germany

The Nuremberg Christmas Market pulls in more than 2 million visitors each year. The market includes a giant carved wooden Ferris wheel, old-fashioned carousel and a steam train. Nuremberg's Christmas Market Council only make and sell traditional handmade toys and holiday goods. The market's 200 select vendors also put up fantastic displays as they compete for the Most Beautiful Stall Design award.

Honolulu, Hawaii

For anyone looking to go somewhere warm for Christmas, this is the place. Honolulu is a warm summer environment, that has all the good thing of Christmas. Residents still decorate the city and Santa is a common sight on the street. It is a warm alternative to your local town.

Quebec, Canada

For the environmentalists among us who like to celebrate Christmas around a tree made from recycled sheet metal, with lights powered by the pedaling of nearby cyclists, Quebec is your Christmas destination. Old Quebec is turned into a Christmas village. Sausage and roast chestnut enthusiasts can browse the wares at the German Christmas market. Those who are more religiously inclined can walk nativity scenes from around the world.

Santa Clause, Indiana USA

Christmas is a year-round in this town of 3,000 residents. The town receives thousands of letters a year from children trying to reach Santa. Because of this a group of volunteers called Santa's Elves was set up to reply to each letter. The main event in the town is the Land of Lights, a display that is 1.2-mile long and wraps around the Lake Rudolph Campground & RV Resort. Santa also hosts buffet dinners at Santa's Lodge the first three weekends in December.

Strasburg, France

Strasbourg's has many themed Christmas villages that merge into what appears to be a city. It looks so incredible it is a visual wonderland. 300 stalls are spread out over 12 locations, you can find handmade goods and gifts for everyone.

NYC, New York USA

New York City is one of the greatest places to see during the holiday season. From horse drawn carriages flooding the street to people ice skating on the ponds in central park. The entire city is filled with spirt, stores hang up window decoration, every building is a glowing piece of art. The entire city is a winter wonderland, filled with Santa Clauses and elves, any child would have a great time experiencing the sights and sounds of Christmas in New York.