10 Things Autumn People Can't Wait For

10 Things Autumn People Can't Wait For

Every year we fall in love all over again

32
10 Things Autumn People Can't Wait For

The most wonderful season of the year has finally FALLen upon us. It is the time to be colorful, the time to be cozy, the time to be grateful and the time to be scary. It's also the time to eat until you explode. And if you love fall as much as I do, you can appreciate these ten things we wait all year for.

The Colors

I think we can all agree that fall is the most beautiful season with the most picturesque scenes. Coming from the Northeast, every year I'm so excited to witness that two week-long period where everything is simply perfect. The reds, oranges and yellows are so bright and calming in the October sun. Nothing compares.

The Coffee Flavors

Pumpkin everything! Yes, I know I'm super basic, but the PSL is my life. One cannot deny that when Dunkin' Donuts and Starbucks start to bring out those pumpkin, cinnamon and gingerbread flavors, your heart and your tastebuds sing. You simply must get as many of those limited time flavors while you can, as fast as you can. Every sweet, hot latte you sip, sitting in a nice sweater, while having a conversation with friends is magical. It is impossible to stay away.

Flannels and Sweaters

It's sweater weather! Finally, it's acceptable and practical to wear all your big, comfy, cozy, lazy clothes out in public. With the right jeans or leggings and scarf, it's a fashion statement. My prized and ever growing flannel collection has been waiting to make its debut, and I'm ready for a super fast and easy way to look cute every morning.

The Boots

While on the subject of looking cute, I think boots and booties were fashion's greatest accomplishment. There are so many styles of adorable fall booties; they complement every outfit. The boots with the little heel or wedge are perfect for going out, and they won't kill your feel like your pumps or sandals will. You can even go completely comfy and wear your UGGs or your Dr. Martens and still look on point.

Apple Picking

Freshly picked apples are the best, and the apple farms are usually super cute. Most apple farms will have great food and cider — it's the perfect fall activity for you and your friends. The apples are awesome for making pies and other fun fall treats you can make with your friends. Plus, why not get that classic/basic apple farm Instagram. It's necessary.

Pumpkin Patches

Similar to apple farms, pumpkin patches are the perfect way to spend a nice fall day. There is nothing better than finding the perfect pumpkin, and screaming about how adorable the little ones are. And there is no better way to decorate a room or home than with cute carved pumpkins and colorful gourds.

The Halloween Decorations

The best part of my childhood was every year when my mom went all out making our house as scary as possible for our family parties. There was nothing I loved more than going to buy the Halloween decorations with her. It doesn't matter how old you are, there is nothing more magical than the Halloween aisle at any store. The fun toys and supplies are irresistible and they make you wish you had your own house you could totally deck out. Even when you have no need for it, you end up walking out of Walmart with a dancing skeleton and cute Halloween cups for your dorm.

Candy!

It's finally the time for huge bags of candy with a mix of my favorite chocolates. Only during the fall will you find and enormous mixed bag of Twix, Milky Ways, Snickers and dark chocolate Three Musketeers in their adorable bite size form. And forget Black Friday — the best day for sales is the day after Halloween when the candy goes on clearance and costs literally nothing.

Food and Thanksgiving

All the treats this time of year are so cute and colorful in the beautiful Fall colors, and they consist of the best flavors; apple, cinnamon and pumpkin are my favorite and are exclusively best in the Fall. Beside just the treats, Autumn holds the best eating holiday of the year. Thanksgiving Day is my favorite day of the year. Nothing is better than endless turkey, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, stuffing and more — and the leftovers that last a few days don't hurt either.

Movies

Without a doubt, Fall hosts the best collection of movies. In September and October, we get all the fun Halloween classics and all the horror. Disney Channel is sure to air Hocus Pocus and Halloweentown.Netflix just added new horror movies for the month of October, including Scream and The Amityville Horror. All are perfect movies for cuddling up with your friends and screaming and laughing together.

In November, the movies transform, and we get a peek into the Holiday movies. Thanksgiving and Christmas movies appear everywhere and Freeform (formally ABC Family) is sure to have some great marathons. Nothing like staying in on a chilly, weekend afternoon with some friends, drinking some hot chocolate and watching A Christmas Story or Rudolph a month before Christmas.