10 Amy Schumer Quotes That Every Young Woman NEEDS To Hear In Her Twenties

Forget Blair Waldorf, Brooke Davis... there's a new bad betch in town.

519
NBC Universal

Amy Schumer keeps it real. The queen of comedy, in my opinion, says what she wants to say whenever she wants to. She doesn't give a f*ck about what anyone thinks of her, but deep down she's had to deal with being in the public eye, especially with the way she looks. Amy Schumer is someone that every young woman should look up to. Not only is she real, but she's a genuine Hollywood comedian and actress.

1. "For women, we're taught to eat less until we disappear. And trained to believe that if you don't look like everyone else, then you're unlovable... I have a belly. And I have cellulite. And I still deserve love. And to catch the old D. And to not apologize." — Glamour

SLAY, GURL, SLAY. She is everything that I wanna be. With all my body image issues, me struggling with my weight, she is someone I look up to. There are so many actresses in Hollywood that have these "perfect bodies."

And it honestly makes me feel like shit, even when they say stuff like "love your body no matter what size you are." OK Gigi Hadid, if you have body image issues what do you think of me? Honestly, love your fat. Love your cellulite. What is cellulite when you already can catch the D?

2. "We have to be a role model for these little girls, because who do they have? The Kardashians?... and, like, we used to have Khloe. Khloe was ours, right? Whenever there's a group of women, you identify with them... Khloe, she lost half her body weight. She lost a Kendall! We have nothing. I want good role models." — SNL Monologue

In a world of Kardashians, be an Amy Schumer. Be a Tina Fey. Have those role models who you can look to realistically. We had Khloe, man, but she literally lost a Kendall. Have those important role models. Or, look up to yourself. Look up to you in ten years and aspire to be that person.

3. "We need to laugh at the haters and sympathize with them. They can scream as loud as they want. We can't hear them because we are getting sh*t done. I am proud to lead by example."

The next time some stupid college boy calls you fat, ugly, or says that you're too big (when he's small), remember that you are great. You are amazing. You are beautiful. You are loved. You are getting shit done and you are working hard to support your independent self. In ten years, that stupid boy isn't going to matter. Hell, in a month that stupid boy won't matter because you'll already be steps ahead in achieving your dreams.

4. "I hope you find some joy in your lives today in a human interaction and not just in writing unkind things to a stranger you've never met who triggers something in you that makes you feel powerless and alone."

Those people who are too afraid to say stuff to your face are not worth it. Focus on the people who do love you and surround yourself with people and things that make you happy. You do you, girl and you stay strong.

5. "Beautiful, gross, strong, thin, fat, pretty, ugly, sexy, disgusting, flawless woman."

I actually love this quote by her because after every negative description (of herself), it followed a positive description. And it ended with flawless because no matter what you see as your worst flaw, that is your stand-out quality and what makes you, YOU. The next time you call yourself ugly, fat, or not worth it, remind yourself to call yourself something nice. For example, if I were to call myself ugly, the next word out of my mouth would be "I am beautiful." Take that and do that every day, and it becomes second nature to you and then your confidence skyrockets.

6. "I want women to lift each other up... get more and more powerful and understand their worth."

This. Female empowerment is something that we need more in the world. Amy Schumer actually supports Hillary Clinton and even if you don't agree with her policies, still lift Hillary up because she had the balls to do what no other woman has done before: run for a general presidential election. We need to be lifting each other up, no matter if you call yourself a feminist.

Do you want to march for women's rights? GREAT.

You don't want to? GREAT. But don't tear down the women who do. We need to lift each other up.

Clap for your friend on her stride of pride the next morning. Clap for your friend who gets into medical school or changes her major three times in one semester (or tell her to take an aptitude test). Be there for your friend who just went through a breakup — do not call her a slut.

7. "I am not who I sleep with. I am not my weight. I am not my mother. I am myself."

Honestly, this is everything. In a world of slut-shaming especially in this college hookup world, we shouldn't berate the people who choose to do what they want with their bodies. If they want to go home with some random guy from the bar, let them do it and go to brunch the next morning hearing all about it. If they don't wanna go home with some random guy from the bar, also don't judge.

And don't worry about being "chubby." Don't let that define you. Focus on the insides or focus on the part that you love the most about you. If you love your eyes, do some smoky eye. If you love your hair, style it like you're a world-famous model. Be you. Be unstoppable.

8. "I say if I'm beautiful. I say if I'm strong. You will not determine my story — I will."

Only you are in charge of your life. Start living it.

9. "Even on my worst day when I'm feeling awful... I smile and say, you're doing the best you can. Good job, bitch!"

Even on your worst days, Amy Schumer tells you to look in the mirror and just smile. Just laugh at yourself. You're living your life the way you want to live it. So what you make a mistake? Don't call it a mistake — it's a life experience that will eventually take you to your success.

10. "The moments that make life worth living are when things are at their worst and you find a way to laugh."

This hits home. You are constantly surrounded by this energy of bad news on TV. Things happen in your life. When you're at rock bottom, or at least think you are, remember this: laughter is the best medicine. It's an upward battle but the only way to start climbing out is to laugh it out.