3 HUGE Lessons You Will Learn From Heartbreak
relationships

You are way stronger than you think.

199

At one point or another in our lives, we have all been there. Although a lot of the time, heartbreak is associated with the end of a romantic relationship with someone, it can also come from a few other things such as the end of a friendship or losing something near and dear to you. Here are the three most major things that I discovered from heartbreak.

1. You are way stronger than you think.

After experiencing something heartbreaking, it may feel like your whole world has just fallen apart. Trust me, its totally okay to feel that. In fact its completely normal. BUT, on the other hand I promise it will not feel like that forever! It may be quite the battle, but as soon as you are able to get over the climb (Miley Cyrus reference very much indicated) it feels so refreshing and you will realize that you are so much stronger than you ever thought you were.

2. You are going to learn a lot about yourself.

You are about to learn one or two, maybe even more, things that you did not know you had interests in. Maybe all of the sudden you have discovered you love for fashion, helping others, cooking, working out, writing, etc. that you did not know you had interest in while you were focusing on something else. Give yourself a chance to let these interests grow and flourish into something you are going to spend a lot more time on.

3. Distractions can be helpful.

Now I am not saying you should completely ignore the feelings you are having. It is completely normal to feel sad or angry after a heartbreak. You shouldn't completely bury these feelings under to try not to feel them or else that could result in something worse. But that being said, don't let those feelings consume you. Try going out with your friends more often, or picking up a hobby or two. The more you have your mind off in other places, the less alone you will feel.

But still most importantly remember, you are way stronger than you think!! Everything will be okay, I promise!