A Zen State Of Mind

It is easy for us to gravitate towards negative energies that create tension and stress in our lives. As someone who suffers from multiple forms of anxiety, I have realized over the years it is crucial to do all I possibly can to provide myself with the best state of mental health. It is important to see the beauty in the world and provide your mind, body and soul with positive reinforcement. It can be difficult finding ways to do so, but with a little bit of will power and putting your mind and heart in the right place it can be accomplished.

1.) Open every window and door in your house for a couple hours.

Breathe in, breathe out. There is no better feeling than inhaling fresh air, especially after being cooped up all winter. Opening your house up and letting all the stale air out can do wonders for your mood. I instantly feel a sense of cleanliness, rejuvenation and satisfaction once the air has began circulating through.

2.) Meditate

Whether it's deep breathing, lying down and shutting your mind off to the stresses of everyday life or just listening to a song, finding a way to soothe your mind and spend time for yourself is known to reduce stress and bring peace and serenity to your body and spirit. Mindful meditation is a great way of taking stresses you may currently be facing and allowing you to focus on creating a positive energy that will bring you out of your funk.

3.) Have a cup of tea

Chamomile, lemon grass and an abundant amount of other ingredients found in most hot teas provide essential calming and relaxing benefits.

4.) Venture out into nature

This goes along with the idea of fresh air. Being outside instead of sitting inside on your phone or watching a movie sparks mental, emotional and physical health in the way that it is taking you away from technology and getting you out in the natural world. It's my favorite place to be in the way that everything around me is genuine and natural.

5.) Read a book

Books have a way of allowing us to escape to unexpected worlds.

6.) Listen to music

Songs have a way of digging deep into our souls and projecting a broad variety of emotions. They can be euphoric and magical and bring us out of dark times. In happy times they can provide excitement and satisfaction.

7.) Write in a journal

Jotting down your current feelings is a great way to really capture the moment. We can't go back in time, but having these memories to reflect back upon can make it possible.

8.) Take a shower or bath

No matter what I may be facing or what time of day it is, showers are always rejuvenating for me. Something about feeling clean and refreshed does wonders to my overall mood and mindset. Let all those negative, dirty energies go down the drain.

9.) Light a candle

I love the ambiance that candles create. Not only are the smells enticing, but they also provide positive vibes.

10.) Sit by a window

In addition to going out into nature, it is possible to get a similar feeling by staying inside. Say it is raining one day and it's best to not go anywhere. Sitting on a window seat or on the floor near a window or door where nature is in plain sight and looking outside can relax your mind.