6 Signs You're an Overthinker

6 Signs You're an Overthinker

Your mind is going a million miles a minute.

156
6 Signs You're an Overthinker
http://themindunleashed.org/2014/09/8-ways-stop-thinking-find-peace.html

We all overthink certain situations from time to time, but then there are some of us that are constant busy-brains with too many thoughts and ideas bustling around in our heads nonstop 24/7. It can certainly be a blessing and a curse. On one hand, I think that it yields a unique creativity due to the ever-changing mindset of the over thinker. On the other, it can be a real life-ruiner. The best thing that we can do is try to clear our heads (yeah right) and remember to take things one step at a time while focusing only on the present. If you tend to overthink things often, these things may sound all too familiar.

1. You can fall into a bad mood for no reason.

This may be the absolute worst part of overthinking things. You could be perfectly happy, having a great time and then all of the sudden, you feel miserable. Sometimes, you don't even know why. I guess the thought that triggered the negative reaction came and went too quickly to even realize what it was, thanks to the millions of other thoughts circulating around in there. Anyway, to put it plainly, this one sucks.

2. You're easily distracted.

Because you always have something else on your mind, it's often hard to stay focused. Sometimes, I find myself having a conversation with someone, and after a couple of moments, I don't even know what he or she is talking about because my mind was elsewhere. Situations that this, or others such as studying or even reading a book, can be slightly more difficult when you're an over thinker.

3. You're super perceptive.

You can detect the slightest change in someone's voice, body language, attitude, etc., and you immediately worry about what you did or what happened that could have caused this person to act differently. You probably start running through all the events leading up to this moment of "changed" behavior to try to figure out the root of problem (which is almost always nonexistent).

4. You have trouble falling asleep.

How could anyone possibly sleep with so much on their minds? The worst is when you hit that point of overtaking how terrible the next day will be if you don't fall asleep soon.

5. You're pretty creative.

You're so used to coming up with every possible (or impossible) outcome for so many different situations that creativity just comes easily to you now. You've conjured up some pretty crazy scenarios during your overthinking bouts, so why not translate them into short stories for your creative writing class? It could come in handy.

6. You worry way too much.

Your mind immediately thinks "worst case scenario," making you all hung up on all of the bad things that could happen. While you try to focus on the good, there's always that nagging feeling in the back of your mind that something could go really really wrong.

7. Here's some advice...

I could say "just stop overthinking everything," but we all know that wouldn't work. Instead, try to take your mind off of things by surrounding yourself with people who make you over-the-top happy and by doing things that give you an adrenaline rush. Having fun is a great way to take your mind off of the troublesome things in your life, so don't forget to take time for yourself and make the most of it.