You Are My Sunshine

You Are My Sunshine

My only sunshine

27
You Are My Sunshine
Samantha Jolly

My only sunshine; you make me happy when skies are gray. You never know Dear how much I love you, so please don’t take my sunshine away. The dancing sunflower sang to me every time I pushed its button. It swayed side to side and played a melody that was smooth to my ears. It also happens to be the one toy that my mind keeps coming back to now.

After almost 20 years of memories, my time with you has ended. It was a good run. We had many laughs, tears, and smiles together and because of that I would not change a thing. Although I am completely saddened by what has happened, I know you are out of pain and watching over me.

It seems like it was just yesterday when you were yelling at me to put some clothes on instead of a swim suit otherwise I was going to freeze outside. Or when you were pulling the splinter out of my foot because I was reckless and played on the porch barefoot. Even though our time was cut short, I’m extremely grateful that I’m able to look back at these memories and remember what truly matters.

You were an amazing person. I wanted to make you proud for so many years, always trying to impress you so that I could be considered one of your favorites; but I now realize it never mattered. I never had to make you proud because you already were. I didn’t need to be one of your favorites because I was already in your heart.

I’m going to miss you every day. Not a day will go by that I won’t think about you. I can still hear your voice when I think of our memories. You fought a long, hard battle for many years. You can rest now.

I love you always.