Workouts That Suit You Best Based On Your Zodiac Sign

Who said compatibility only had to be between people?

61
Alive At Night

We look to our horoscopes for predictions on life, love and sometimes, even financials. But what about fitness?

Ever wonder why you always seemed to be one beat off in Zumba? Or why you could never master Triangle pose? Believe it or not, I think the stars might have some say in those matters, too. Our horoscopes tell us who we're compatible with, but our zodiac can also tell us which types of exercises work for our personality and goals!

See which workout is recommended for you below, according to astrologer Victoria Dawson Hoff:

1) Aries (March 21- April 19): Kickboxing

Aries, you are a bold individual and ready to take charge in any situation. When it comes to fight or flight, flight is not an option. Prepare yourself and conquer your goals through a kickboxing class. This will allow you to be in control of your impulsive actions. Discipline yourself by teaching yourself to think twice before you act. You are a competitive one, Aries but only with yourself. Track your progress and see amazing results.

2.) Taurus (April 20 - May 20): Barre

Taurus, intense exercises turn you off. You want to workout, but not have to feel like you are. Getting in touch with your sensual side in a barre class would be in your best interest. A class like this can be challenging because you are isolating certain parts of your body, creating a longer and leaner you. You are determined Taurus, and never give up. Barre is also an exclusive class, and who's to stop you from enjoying the finer things in life?

3.) Gemini (May 21 - June 20): Pilates

Gemini, you are always on the go. I know you love those intense workouts, but a class that forces you to slow down a bit and get in tune with your body will be a more beneficial workout. You're not one to spend hours at the gym because you have so many other things to do! Try a pilates class. They vary their workouts, but focus on core movements. These classes will help remind yourself that gym time is YOUR time. Classes are only about an hour so you will be in and out, and onto your next task!

4.) Cancer (June 21 - July 22): Rock Climbing

Cancer, you are a great big softie on the inside, but you have a tough exterior. Your willingness to take care of others is your strongest attribute. Compliment that with a shoulder workout in rock climbing, that way, you can be there for your loved ones emotionally and physically! A good shoulder workout will reduce some stress in your upper back, which might help with those mood swings that sneak up on you! Keep yourself out of conflict by taking those emotions out on the rocks and not others.

5.) Leo (July 23 - August 22): Zumba

Leo, you thrive in social settings! So exercise classes with a variety of music will be your best workout option. You'll probably in the front row adding your own little flair to all the moves. You want to see what the instructor is doing as well as the class. Zumba is your top option because it does not even feel like a workout to you — it's purely fun! Oh, and don’t forget your highlighter leggings, Leo.

6.) Virgo (August 23 - September 22): Yoga

Virgo, your greatest pet peeve is when people tell you to relax. As a smart and practical Virgo, you know how to relax on your own which is why Yoga would be a very rewarding experience for you. Your lower back is your strongest attribute, so use it to your advantage and master some floor exercises. Yoga is a beautiful practice with extreme amounts of discipline. Be careful not to make it a competition. It’s yoga practice, not yoga perfect. For an added burn, try Hot Yoga.

7.) Libra (September 23 - October 22): Squash

Libra, you are fair and balanced. Utilize your strengths in a game of squash. Being the social butterfly that you are, finding a playmate won't be a problem. You like things to be orderly, so loosen up by doing something you don’t have as much control over. The most gracious of the signs, you'll be able to dominate the quart without tripping over your feet, and feel rejuvenated afterward.

8.) Scorpio (October 23 - November 21): Running Laps

Scorpio, "you get out of it, what you put in it," is what you tell yourself for motivation. Laps are for you. Whether it is swimming, running or even lunges, you like to do multiples of the same thing and see how far your energy will take you. Your passionate personality drives your determination to finish your workout and even do a victory lap at the end. Work out in the morning to keep that adrenaline pumping through you all day!

9.) Sagittarius (November 22 - December 21): Instagram Workouts

Sagittarius is typically on the hunt for big ideas and new experiences. Instagram workouts are inspiring to you, so why not give them a shot? The idea of trying something off the beaten path excites you. Your own natural rhythm will inspire you, plus you don’t mind a little attention in attempting workouts most stay away from. There's not a routine you wouldn't try!

10.) Capricorn (December 22 - January 19): Stretching

Capricorn, you're calm, cool and collected. You don’t need to show off with a fancy workout. You’re perfectly fine on the ground, getting those muscles relaxed. This is the physical portion of allowing yourself to be a more flexible being. Allowing your body to change naturally helps mold your mind to do the same thing. Not everything has to be so structured. Driven to succeed, you will meet your goals at your own pace.

11.) Aquarius (January 20- February 18): Partner Workouts

Aquarius your instinct to lend a helping hand inspires partner workouts. Your quirky personality allows you to be yourself in the gym and not care what other people think about what you are doing. You are extremely independent and the world knows it. Show off your collaboration skills with partner workouts! Be sure to change up the workouts because we all know you don’t like doing the same thing twice. Bonus: A compatible gym workout buddy could be a Gemini or a Libra.

12.) Pisces (February 19 - March 20): Sauna Sweating

Pisces, your sensitivity and compassion keep your mind where it wants to be, not where it should be. It’s rare we catch you checking in with the real world since you are always looking for an escape. You keep your head full of ideas and dreams, and that's wonderful, but keep yourself grounded with a nice sweat in the sauna room. This will help bring you down from the clouds, and focus more on what is going on around you. As an introvert, you don't mind the peace and quiet either!