Why You Should Watch "Dark" on Netflix

Why You Should Watch "Dark" on Netflix

This German mystery will keep you on your toes and begging for more.

11
Why You Should Watch "Dark" on Netflix
Pinterest.com

A little over a year ago, I stumbled across a random series on Netflix called "Dark." I was unsure if I would like it or not at first because it seemed to move at a slow pace. It was also weird to watch the actors' lips move, yet the English words that I heard didn't match up with their lip movements. This show is probably the most confusing show I've ever watched in my life, but re-watching episodes to understand is definitely worth it.

One of the many reasons I enjoy this series so much is because it provides a perfect balance between mystery and sci-fi/thriller. A boy in a small town is taken, and you think it's just like any other child abduction show, but somehow it warps into a show about parallel universes. Having always been interested in parallel universe theories, this show achieved at quickly catching my interest.

Each episode provides you with a clue to the solution, and you're also provided little snippets of the past, present, and future, which cease to be very critical in this series.

The best thing about this show in my opinion, is the fact that there are so many unanswered questions. As the plot thickens and you get more into it, every episode leaves you with an outrageous cliffhanger, making you beg for more.

I would compare this show to "Black Mirror" on Netflix because it contains similar concepts, but definitely more dramatic than "Black Mirror." If you're looking for something new to watch, that isn't extremely gore-y and poorly directed, "Dark" is definitely the show for you.