You Know You're A True Texan If...

You Know You're A True Texan If...

Honor the Texas Flag. I pledge allegiance to thee, Texas. One state under God, one and indivisible.

87
You Know You're A True Texan If...
Travel Channel

1. Y'all is a vital part of your vocabulary

Y'all, y'all've, y'all'd've

2. You can eat Mexican food for every meal with no shame

And why wouldn't you want to? Breakfast tacos, chips and queso, fajitas, quesadillas- YUM

3. You measure distance in hours, not miles

"I'm about an hour away", "Houston is 5 hours from Dallas"...

4. Road trips are usually in state

When every habitat is in one state, why would you want to go anywhere else?

5. There is a distinct difference between Dallas and Fort Worth

And you make sure people know it (especially if you're from there, like yours truly)

6. No matter how bad they do, you will always route for the Cowboys

Love my Boys. Goodbye Romo

7. You know what mums are and how to make them Texas- style

You know, those big expensive things with lights, bells, feathers, sometimes fish, candy, or speakers that you wear on Homecoming then hang on your wall.

8. Out of staters look at you like you're crazy when you try to explain what a mum is

I just show them a picture on google then laugh at their reaction

9. You DON'T ride a horse to school (in most places)

But sometimes it's fun to trick people hehe

10. You've been two-stepping at least once

And it's one of the few times you break out those trusty cowboy boots

11. Baseball and football are more than just sports

It's a lifestyle

12. You defend Texas even if you're not its biggest fan

No, I don't like living here but don't say that

13. People are surprised you don't have a country accent

Enough said

14. You're very picky about your barbecue

Just grilling a couple burgers is not a barbecue

15. You don't actually swim in Galveston's beaches

And why would you want to?

16. In the Spring you have to decide whether you want to freeze in the morning or melt in the afternoon

It's a daily struggle

17. You check the weather every few hours because it's probably showing something different than it was earlier

Remember when it was 80º and then the next day it was snowing? In May?

18. You had to recite the Texas Pledge every day since kindergarten

Apparently Texas is the only state with a Pledge??

19. Snow doesn't exist- it's ice

And it only takes a little bit for school to be cancelled (my high school bullied our district into letting us out... many times)

20. You're proud to be from Texas

It is the best, after all