You Haven't Experienced Nerd Exhiliration Until You've Attended These 4 FBLA Conferences

Future Business Leaders of America, or FBLA, is a national career and technical student organization that helps one prepare for college and beyond, but these four events are the stars of the show.

88
Jason Juang

Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA) offers a variety of networking and leadership opportunities throughout the year, including conferences and rallies. These events have motivational guest speakers, personal development workshops and a multitude of opportunities for connecting with people around the country. Below is a list of some FBLA conferences that are sure to heighten your interest in FBLA!

1. Fall Rally

Fall Rally is an event where Georgia FBLA chapters meet near the beginning of the school year in celebration to kick off the new FBLA membership year. Chapters enjoy a day at the Perry Fairgrounds Carnival, and they can enjoy rides, participate in open testing events and listen to a keynote speaker. Overall, Fall Rally allows for chapters to bond and for members to appreciate the start of the new FBLA year.

The best part of Fall Rally (besides being able to miss a day of school) is listening to the advice of the keynote speakers. Often these speakers include anecdotes from their personal life to recount how an experience developed them into a more mature individual. Personally, the keynote speakers inspire me to become a better version of myself.

2. Fall Leadership Conference

The Fall Leadership Conference (FLC) allows for members to develop interpersonal skills and learn how to make their leadership skills more efficient. The state hosts this conference for members to spend two nights in Athens, Georgia to develop their leadership skills and network. Workshops are designed to work on specific individuals and lead each member through a leadership journey. A guest speaker starts off the conference, and by the end of the Awards Ceremony, FLC provides an enlightening experience for many FBLA members.

The workshops held at FLC are vital to fortifying your networking and public speaking skills. One of the most memorable workshops taught me how to develop an engaging LinkedIn profile to connect with future employers and career opportunities.

3. State Leadership Conference

The State Leadership Conference (SLC) is for FBLA competitors to perform at certain events and receive awards. Further workshops are available for those who are testers or not competing. In addition, SLC is an exciting moment for State Officer candidates who campaign and get elected at the end of the conference.

Held in March, the State Leadership Conference is a competitive arena for all FBLA events. Last year, I competed in graphic design along with two other teammates; we won sixth place!

4. National Leadership Conference

Last but not least, members who decide to attend the National Leadership Conference spend a week of summer in a city with other FBLA members from around the world! Internships are also opportunities available to FBLA members, where they assist in running the conference with the National Office. The conference allows for members to travel around the city and to present their competitive events to national judges. The Awards Ceremony is another exhilarating experience, and the winners get an opportunity to be on stage and win cash prizes and trophies.

FBLA has many conferences annually, and each one of them develops a person’s leadership and communication further. Although many members may not be fully invested in FBLA events, it is a wonderful opportunity for students to be exposed to the outer world and to improve their business-related skills.