If You Don't Feel Noticed, Heard, Or Seen

You are.
262

Hey, peeps. I wanna tell you a story.

Because I know that there are lots of you wondering if your voice really matters, if you really have a place in society, or if you're even noticed in this big, loud world.

I used to run laps around the football stadium in college after I broke up with my ex. It was therapeutic for me - to run, to count my laps, to feel my legs hurt more than my heart did.

Follow Jordan on her blog, Soul Scripts.

As I began to slowly mend my broken heart, I noticed the athletes that would walk out after practice (disclaimer: this is not how or why I met my husband pictures here). I remember wondering if they noticed me.

Ever been there?

I know you have. Isn't it funny how we do that? How we crave attention, validation, and affection? How much we truly need it?

Early on in college, I lived for those occasional head nods as I ran by, winks when I passed a boy in the hallway, and smiles from across the tailgate.

Anything that said, HEY GIRL, I NOTICED YOU FOR 0.02 SECONDS.

But it always seemed like I lost their attention as quickly as I caught it. I caught myself longing to get it back. Maybe you've felt something like this. Maybe you've felt defeated or alone or unloveable or unappreciated or all of the above.

If so, fabulous. Fabulous? Yes, fabulous - not because the feeling is great but because now we can all relate here. We're all friends here regardless of our relationship status, political views, or skin color. We all know how it feels.

Find Jordan on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.

And that's okay. Life is hard. But I've got something for ya...

When you don't feel noticed by the world - the guys, the people, the polls, or society in general, remember that you are more than noticed by God.

And He's not just giving you 0.02 seconds. He's giving you all the seconds.

He doesn't just see your body or your brain or your ballot, He sees your beauty. His attention never strays. His affection never ends. His leadership never fails.

And His gaze rests on your precious face as He says:

I MADE HER. I MADE HER FRECKLY AND AWKWARD AND SWEET AND SILLY AND I LOVE EVERY SINGLE PIECE OF WHO SHE IS.

He has already given you the head nod, the ultimate approval and said:

YEP. I WANT YOU, GIRL.

Even when the world doesn't.

Because you worth more than simply being noticed or seen by the world. You are worth being KNOWN and LOVED by the God of the universe. And you are.

So you can stop running, pretty girl. Because He's knocking on your door and standing on the other side with a sweet little gift called SALVATION.

Won't you open up?

XOX,

Jordan Lee

For more on this, check out my practical eVotionals on love and relationships:

BeLoved: 14 Days on Love, Loss, Relationships, & Redemption

Its Complicated: Drama, Dudes, & Dating