Love Yourself — You're Important, Too

Love Yourself — You're Important, Too

Don't let them take it away from you.
125

Loving yourself and the idea of self-love is something that has been recently trending in the best way. There is a need for more emphasis on this idea- and not just the take care of your skin, go on long walks, and eat healthfully kind of self-love, but the more critical side of it.

Relationships spring and bloom when we least expect it. They also appear when we are expecting them, but nonetheless, their timing tends to be unpredictable. When entering a relationship there is a lot we consider and ask ourselves: can I see myself happy with this person? Does this person make me the best version of myself? Do I find myself missing this person when I am with others?

These questions are valid and these questions are important… but do we ever ask ourselves this: am I happy with who I am?

I’m not so sure.

This doesn’t mean you necessarily need to feel pleased with yourself in each and every way before entering a relationship, but it can feel a little uncomfortable to depend on someone for your whole happiness and well being.

It’s important to remember that relationships can be temporary.

There may come a day when the person who you thought would never leave decides to walk out, and there’s nothing worse than feeling like they took with them all they built you up to be.

Don’t let them do it. Don’t let that person walk out with all of you—better yet, don’t let them walk out with any of you. Of course, we learn beneficial things from our significant others and continue to embrace these notions even after a break-up, but don’t let your partner leave with all of you. Keep embracing you... even after the breakup.

If we take time to appreciate who we are- without the bubble baths and face masks- we may have a chance at everlasting self-love, and no matter when we grab hold of it, our every future relationship has the potential to spark and strengthen.