New Year's Resolutions To Be Left In The Past

Resolutions that are easy to make but hard to do.

42
IGN Espana

Well it is that time of year again when everyone gets their fresh start and tries to instill the catch phrase of "new year, new me." It seems like no one ever truly accomplishes their resolution...unless the resolution was to stay the exact same. It is more common to find someone who has quit their resolution rather than someone who has decided to stick it out and has been successful at it. People always find excuses for why they cannot complete their resolution such as:

"Oh, it is way too hard."

"I do not have the time to go to the gym. I am simply too busy!"

"I am going to start it again soon."

With this article being in the new year already, I can only imagine that some people have already ditched their resolution and said, "Well, I will try again next year!" If you do not believe me, ask your family member how their resolution is going.

This year I propose something new. Let's stop lying to ourselves about things we are going to do differently and either actually start doing them or make easier and more realistic resolutions. It is easier to quit a resolution if you see the long road you are going to have to go on. Instead, make the resolution smaller and far more easier and actually attainable. Instead of saying you are going to lose weight, try promising to eat one salad a week or drinking more water in your day.

Here is my list of the top 15 worst resolutions that we should leave behind in the new year.

1. Lose weight or go o the gym more.

2. Eat healthier or diet.

3. Travel more.

4. Quit smoking.

5. "Reinvent myself."

6. Stop eating fast food.

7. Get my crap together.

8. Quit drinking.

9. Spend more time with family.

10. Stop drinking soda.

11. Budget more or budget better.

12. Reconnect with an old friend.

13. Learn something new.

14. Stop procrastinating.

15. Volunteer.

Start the new year off right by avoiding these 15 resolutions. By avoiding these, you will end up not disappointing yourself and probably feel better about yourself. Also, if you want to change something then you can! You do not have to wait for the new year to come to start jogging more or stop being pessimistic. Quitting things cold turkey is never a good idea, and in fact, you are more likely to cheat on that thing or end up going back to it. So make the new year easier on yourself by making smaller goals to achieve, and once you achieve them, keep setting more small, attainable goals for yourself. You will be surprised how much more you will actually accomplish by setting realistic expectations for yourself.