I Won't Be Subjected to Being a Housewife

I WILL Love And Care For My Husband, But I WILL NOT Be A Housewife

There's nothing wrong with being a housewife, it's just not for me.

923

My future husband knows that I'll love him until the end of time, there's no doubt about that.

I've got a lot of love in me to give.

I'll be his number one, his ride-or-die, his go-to-gal — whoever he needs, I'll be that person, but absolutely, under no circumstances can I see myself to being a housewife.

I saw that tweet and it took me back to a family member saying that I was only good for cooking, cleaning, and raising kids.

I wasn't good enough to work. I wasn't good enough to go to school. I wasn't even good enough to be on my own for a while. I believed her, too. She made me clean every time she saw me. She made me read cookbooks whenever I wanted to play with my toys. She made me wash my male cousins' clothes while they sat on the computer and played games. She was preparing me to be just like her — a housewife. I'm sorry to all the women out there who want that lifestyle, but it's not for me.

I can't see myself only cooking for my husband every single night when he's getting home from work — if I'm tired, then guess what's for dinner? Pizza.

I can't see myself washing his work clothes for the next day — if I'm washing clothes, then, of course, I'll throw his in the pile, but I won't wash the clothes fresh off his back if it's not laundry day and I most certainly won't do the laundry on my own all the time. I can't see myself cleaning the house by myself all the time, especially if we have a fairly large family home.

Is being a woman who cares for the kids and the house wrong? No — I used to want to be a stay-at-home mom and work from a home office, but with my career, I can't stay home 24/7.

My husband won't be the only breadwinner in the family and I won't raise my kids to believe that the woman is only good for cooking, cleaning, and keeping the children — they'll know that it took two to tango to create children, so it'll take those same two to raise them into wholesome adults who function well in society.

When you get married, you are uniting two individuals to become one, a team — a cohesive unit, so why would I be the only one not contributing to paying bills and why would he not help me keep the house in order?

I'm sorry, but that notion is out of style for me and I won't subject myself to being a housewife.