What I Wish I Knew Before I Met You

What I Wish I Knew Before I Met Y​ou

You filled voids I didn't know I needed until you were gone.

192
What I Wish I Knew Before I Met Y​ou

No one believed me when I told them how fast I became fond of you, but they weren't seeing the same person I was. You were amazingly interesting to me. I loved learning the way things make you tick and trying to figure out your extremely complex personality. I wish I was slower with my feelings and took enough time to see how although we had a great connection we should have remained friends.

You were always honest with me about how you felt and that made me feel extremely comfortable with you. When we were together at the time I was not even grateful for the comfort you gave me because I was not planning on that feeling to go away, but it had. I wish I would have not got so comfortable.

You made me blind, but it's okay because while we were together I saw colors. I looked past your poor habits and reckless behavior to see more of a person that was never truly there, just one that I made up for you. You were sweet and had ridiculously funny humor, but you also were a manipulative asshole.

When you did something wrong, one way or another, I convinced myself that it was my fault. I forgave you too many times when you never even apologized to me. I wish I would have walked away sooner.

Although I was so greatly fond of you and I loved your hilarious, adventurous, and unique personality, your lack of empathy made me drift away until I felt completely nothing. I'm proud of who I have become since I got away from your toxic grasp. There is nothing I would want to change about how our relationship went, but I really do wish I knew that even though we were so happy and so passionate in the beginning, that I would be okay when it was time to leave.