The Things I Wish I Told You

The Things I Wish I Told You

Live with your heart on your sleeve, a smile on your face, and a life with no regrets.

606
The Things I Wish I Told You
Favim

We’ve all fallen in love before, once or countless of times. That touch of completeness, warmth, an indescribable feeling humans crave. I’ve fallen in love once, but with the idea of love, not with someone and their whole being. Until I met you.

Then I gained a new perspective. I don’t know how and why it happened, all I know is that it did as I don’t care for anyone this way often. All I knew is that something was right for a moment. I had finally figured out a piece of that feeling people were searching for, and it was intriguing. I let it happen, as you should not deny the feelings you have for others. And from that point on, all I wanted was your happiness as I cared for you.

I wanted to give and give without receiving in return, a quality that is rare to find and have. All I looked for was adventure, and to just enjoy this chapter of life with someone regardless of labels and circumstances. At this point in my life, it was somewhere I wanted to be. Love isn't perfect. Love is making an effort for it when you have found it. Even though I only knew you for a little over a month (although it felt like I had known and been friends with you for years), there was just something

Now that you are gone, I can’t stop thinking about the things I wish I had really said. We weren't together, so I didn't know if I should have told you, but whatever we were, it was something. Do I regret it? Certainly not. Do I wish it was still here? Of course I do. Regardless, life has it ways of working things out, and I trust that the right thing happened or will happen in the future. But there were things I should have told you, as many others have probably felt the same way. If I had the chance, as one should live with zero regrets, I wish I told you these things.

I hope that someone is patient with you, as I know you can get easily stressed over your tasks that must be completed throughout your day.

I hope someone knows how much you love hummus, and makes sure there is some within walking distance when you are together.

I hope someone asks how you are everyday, and makes sure you are ok always.

I hope someone values your education just as much as you do, as I know how vital it is for you to finish your homework during the week. As much as I wanted to see you, I knew it was a priority.

I hope someone loves wine just as much as you do, and that you share a bottle when you see each other.

I hope that someone listens to how your day was, every day.

I hope that someone is always interested in what you have to say, about any topic or just about anything.

I hope that someone believes in your dreams and goals as much as you do.

I hope that on the first time you meet someone you feel that same happy feeling I did, as we laughed in the first five minutes we met while parking my car and did a late night tour around campus.

I hope that someone offers you their jacket when its cold out and they notice you are uncomfortable, even though you won’t take it out of stubbornness.

I hope someone encourages you to keep writing, and loves that aspect of you.

I hope that someone asks five facts about you way too much, knowing as much as they can about you.

I hope that they realize you deserve flowers, but ones that are just as unique as you are. Roses are too typical for the wonder that you are.

I hope that someone accepts all of your flaws, and loves you even more because of them.

I hope that someone doesn't take you to a zoo or an aquarium, knowing that you don’t enjoy them and would rather see the beauty in nature itself.

I hope that someone loves you at your worst, regardless of what happens in life. Every time.

I hope that someone opens the door for you and treats you with the respect that you deserve.

I hope that someone brings you $10 worth of candy that you like on your first date, and then takes the trash can out to the dumpster outside of your townhouse just to be nice.

I hope someone loses sleep just to spend more time with you. Even if they to drive home at four in the morning, I did it with a smile on my face.

I hope someone kisses your sun and moon tattoo on your back every time they see you, to show you your beauty, the meaning behind it, and their love for you.

I hope someone goes to a college party just to make sure you are safe, even though they know you are more than capable of taking care of yourself, as they genuinely care about your wellbeing.

I hope someone brings you Reese’s peanut butter cups, and as you eat the outer edges they wait for you to give them the middle knowing that you don’t eat that part.

I hope that when certain songs come on, Reflections by Misterwives because need I say more, they are reminded of you.

I hope that if someone witnesses you writing, they think nothing less than seeing an awe inspiring beautiful moment.

I hope that when you are having a bad day someone sends you countless amounts of memes, just so you have a smile on your face.

I hope someone accepts your past and who you were, and is grateful that you never have to go through that again but it made you the person you are today.

I hope someone sees the good in you, when you can’t even see the good in you.

I hope someone puts peanut butter on both slices of bread without asking when they make you a PB&J.

I hope someone writes about you, the type of writing that makes a heart skip a beat.

I hope you are with someone who only has eyes for you, you aren't just an option.

I hope that someone loves your poetry, tracing over every word weeks after you’ve sent it to them.

I hope someone calls you the sweetest of nicknames, sunflower.

I hope that someone takes you on a walk at 2 A.M. and asks you to dance in the middle of a quiet road just to see you smile and make you feel special.

I hope that someone takes pictures of you to remember the special moments you two shared.

I hope when you are going through hard times, someone will always accept you back into their arms.

It was all worth it. You deserved to be treated right, put in comfortable situations, and to always have a smile on your face. You were a chapter in the novel of my life that I wish prolonged itself, but that was your choice. If the chapter was meant to end, then I will continue onto the next chapter with the same smile you saw when you met me. Even today, as we have not spoken words to each other for some time, I still want you to be happy and I could not want anything less. If it is not with me or if I’m not in your life, then that’s how it is. I will continue to wear my heart on my sleeve, for one day it will pay off. Whatever we were, you taught me that I have the capability of treating an individual better than a majority ever will, and that I should always treat others with respect regardless of what happens, every single time. I put in effort that I had no idea I could, and thats an accomplishment in itself. Will I miss you around? Yes of course, but if it were up to me you would still be in my life one way or another. Life carries on, and those who decide to stay by your side will, and those are the ones that truly care. If you decide to come back, then you will. Either way, its more than ok. I still have a smile on my face as I'm grateful for everything that happened, and I will continue on with my goals that I want to accomplish. Fate has its ways, and goodbyes are never truly goodbyes.

“If the moon smiled, she would resemble you. You leave the same impression

Of something beautiful, but annihilating.” -Sylvia Plath