10 Date Ideas During The Winter

10 Ways To Use Winter Weather To Benefit Your Dating Life

Why risk frostbite for a fancy dinner when you can spend the night in?

100

Unless you're off on a vacation for the winter, we're all dealing with some blizzard-like conditions about now. It's Michigan, so who knows what tomorrow will bring?

You may be someone, like me, who'd rather curl up under a fuzzy blanket with a warm cup of cocoa or coffee than venture out into the cold unless absolutely necessary. Like most activities during the winter, your dating life may not be your top priority.

But it doesn't have to! Winter can be the best time to start looking for a special someone!

1. Cozy up and set some new goals

You may be thinking, I don't have time to sit down and make a list! But hey, the chances of being stuck inside all day thanks to the "polar vortex" are higher, so dedicate a bit of time to making that list!

Not everyone sets a new goal with the idea of finding someone to date. Meeting someone can just happen sometimes. And even if you don't meet someone, at least new goals and experiences will get you out of the winter rut most people fall into.

Make a goal of trying one or maybe two new activities each month, this winter.

2. Ask someone on a cuddle date

As I've stated before, most people just want to ball up under a warm blanket. Well guess what, you could use that! Curl up with that cutie you have your eye on and watch a movie or tv show.

After of course offering them a nice warm cup of hot cocoa with marshmallows!

3. Sign up for an online dating website.

Another way to stay inside while still looking for a nice guy or girl.

There are so many options! Which, yeah, might make it a bit hard to pick one. But many are usable without being SUPER expensive. Or hey, if you're really committed to find someone special, sign up for a month and see what happens.

Worst case, stick with Tinder. It's got a bad rep and not every guy or girl is who they say they are, but there are guys and girls who use it who are looking for a genuine relationship. Just gotta sift through all the weirdos to find them.

4. Offer to cook them a good hardy meal.

Why risk frostbite for a fancy dinner when you can spend the night in. Soups and stews are amazing during the winter, so offer to cook for that special someone you're interested in dating.

It's an excuse to stay in and chat the night away with them, and also shows off a talent. Or if you can't cook and dinner is a flop, order a pizza and tell the funny story for years to come.

5. There's less pressure to come up with an AMAZING date night

When neither of you wants to go out in the cold, the date ideas are narrowed down quite a bit. But there are plenty of good indoor date ideas as well!

Bake cookies! Play games! Binge watch one of your favorite shows! Watch a scary movie! Watch documentaries about warm places! Go to a book store (insert heart-eyed emoji here)! It can be so simple.

6. Winter tends to be the loneliest season.

Yeah, ever heard of seasonal depression, it's a real thing. So, break out of that winter rut!

Find someone, because I guarantee you there is someone else out there just as lonely, looking for someone special as well! Be the first to initiate a conversation. Or dare to be bold and ask them out. Someone has to be the first.

7. Consider venturing out of your comfort zone.

There are several out door things to do in the winter. So, yeah, it may suck to be out freezing your touche off, but some of the best memories can be made during the winter.

Snow ball fights. Sledding. Building an extremely odd looking snow man (mine tend to be square). Ice skating. The list goes on! And after wards, invite them over to warm up and have a nice conversation or do whatever floats your boat.

8. You have the opportunity to bond more.

It can be hard to find stuff in common with others because everyone is unique in their own way. We all have different jobs, interests, hobbies, friends, favorite shows/movies, etc.

One thing that basically everyone has in common is a mutual hatred of winter. There is an immediate conversation starter for those awkward first dates. You can joke about the weather and share scary or funny winter mishaps you or a person you know have experience.

9. Winter is the most romantic setting for  a meet-cute

If you meet someone in the fall or spring it would still be romantic and wonderful, because you found someone finally, after months or even years of searching.

However, there's something special about a love story that begins in the winter. It's such a cliche romantic setting having the snow falling outside the window and predictions of a huge storm playing in the background that'll make you think of just cuddling up with this special someone forever and ever.

10. Winter clothing flatters everyone

It's hard not to look like someone cuddly while wearing a cute (or ugly) sweater and fluffy scarf! So go get out your favorite cozy winter clothes, be confident, as you show off while still staying warm.

So yeah! Winter dating can be the best! I'd wait until the later months of winter, like January or February, because you don't want to end up being "locked in" as a "winter girlfriend/boyfriend" only to have your heart broken come spring or summer.

Happy dating!