Always Be Willing To Love Again

Always Be Willing To Love Again

Love anytime is always worth it.

29
Always Be Willing To Love Again
Canyon McCarty

There is no doubt that this world can do terrible things. We give our love to friends, family, and partners only to watch it be taken advantage of more often than it is valued. We watch those we love struggle and break down. We watch the ones we love get taken from us way before we are ready. We watch the ones we love walk away from us. Once we experience all of these things, it’s hard not to blame love. If only we hadn’t loved them, we wouldn’t have gotten hurt. If only we had left them alone, we would be so much better off. But that’s not the truth; you wouldn’t be better off.

The people you love will change things in you. They will show you things that will alter your perspective, influence new actions, spark new goals. You will grow beyond the person you could ever be on your own simply by letting another person care about you, and that will allow you to excel in ways you never could have imagined.

We are human, and every human has a unique kind of love. While one person’s love may cause hurt, another may bring happiness you’ve never known. Even when you feel like showing love to others is the very last thing you should be doing, there will be more people that need your specific love. People need your words, your encouragement, your perspective. People need you so they can grow too. You are resilient, and if you continue to love, you will bring power to the powerless.

Love takes many forms, and it will shape itself to be what you need when you need it. No matter what horrors you’ve endured, do not blame love. Without love, life is meaningless. Love is not the villain, love is the hero that picks you up from rock bottom.

So when a friend strays, a family member disappoints, or a partner breaks your heart, do not give up on love. We are not meant to experience just one kind of love and admit defeat, we are meant to love over and over and over again. Keep finding new ways to express love, and I promise you will be a better person for it. Don’t think about what could go wrong. Instead, cling to the faith that things will go right.

No matter what, love anytime is always worth it.