Why I want to be a young mom

Why I want to be a young mom

young mom good life

716
Why I want to be a young mom
Google

Do not let this headline scare the crap out of you: dad, aunt, uncle, grandparents. It is not what you are thinking. I am not pregnant, but part of me kind of wished I was. I want to be a mother. Just like my own mother had wanted ; it is all she ever dreamed of. She had my sister at 19, me at 20, and my brother at 22.

Now I know what you are all thinking: Kaitlyn, you are only 18. You have your whole life ahead of you. You are in college, you have big dreams, and kids are a lot of work. Well, I just want to clear some things up before I go on with this article. . . .

I am not trying to get pregnant right now. I am going to finish college. I am going to follow my dreams. I am going to make sure I am financially stable and done with school, have a job that I love, and a man in my life that intends on sticking around before I try starting a family. And if things just so happen to not fall in that exact order, then I will deal with it.

Being a young mom means that you get to spend more time with your kids. You get to know them longer. You get to grow up with them. That is something that sounds like a dream to me. I have always wanted to be a mom, and by having that kind of desire I feel like I am closer to my own mother.

I am my own person. And I know that there are a lot of young mom's out there who did not plan on having kids so young. And I know that they struggle, but the truth is everyone struggles. No matter how old you are; and I do not want to be judged by my family and friends if this should happen sometime in the near future. I am at the point in my life where if someone has something negative to say, I reject it and allow them to kindly step to the side, or out of my life completely. I do not have time for anything other than support anymore.

By the time I graduate college and have my life on track I hope to have all negativity stripped from my life. I hope to have only the true and real people in my life, and not those who only want to be around because I made something out of myself and became successful. I hope to be unconditionally and consistently happy. And I hope that whomever chooses to stay in my life and continue to cheer me on has nothing but kindness to give.

I want to be an actress. . .I want to be a writer. . .I want to be a mother.