Why There Is No Excuse For Not Voting
Politics

Why There Is No Excuse For Not Voting

Your vote does matter, much more than you think.

59
Why There Is No Excuse For Not Voting

For the last couple of months, the only stories you hear in the news are about tragedies happening around us or who will be the next president of the United States. No one could have predicted how the world would look today when we selected our presidential candidate 8 years ago, but I think it's safe to say that his decisions have played a part in the reputation of the United States, as well as the safety of the American people.

There is no excuse for not voting for President.

First of all, we have no right to complain about the way our government has affected our lives or the international decisions that have been made on our behalf if we do not exercise the right to use our voice. In similar terms, don't complain about the world around you if you did nothing to voice your opinion. Believe it or not, your voice matters and can influence groups of people, which can then make crucial changes at the national level. Do not fall into the mindset that "I don't agree with either candidate, so I will choose to stay neutral and not vote." WRONG. You owe it to the country that has provided freedom and stability for you and your family to vote for your leader. You owe it to your future generations, because the next presidential candidate will impact them in some way. I can promise you that.

Also, it's okay to not agree with the candidate of your choice in every aspect of their beliefs. But in reality, rarely do the decisions we make in life or the people we choose to support line up with the exact beliefs we hold. Everyone is different and that's the beauty of mankind. Don't withhold your vote because there are differences.

Last, even if you do not like your options, there is still no excuse to not vote. Remember the God you serve is in control. Remember He allowed the chosen candidates to be options. Don't forfeit your right to vote because you're afraid of the label 'I am a _____ supporter.' There are people living in the United States that don't have a right to vote due to many reasons. Your decisions impact them as well. If there are big issues with the candidate you have chosen, voice them. Be loud and be heard; that's how change is made.

Thank You.