Why I Shame People Who Live Unhealthy Lifestyles

Shaming can be an encouragement to start living a healthy life.

119
Google

I like to think that every human being is a unique piece of art.

Each beautiful bi ped coming into this world, of all different shapes, sizes, colors, and personalities. Every being creating their own stories. What is even more beautiful is when two individual muses meet and 2 separate stories become one story- sometimes these collaborations last a lifetime and some for only a moment. The more collaborations made, the more masterpieces we meet, the more we further understand how special each work or art is. Whether the traits of the work of art are negative or positive- there is still an endearing quality of how that person got that way and who they will become in the future. That is the beauty of it all. A planet full of an endless supply of different stories. Every story has a time constraint though. As if the planet earth is holding an art show for eternity. Bringing in new art pieces and taking down old ones - and even taking down new ones- art that was short lived. The art show of our lives is random and we shall never know how long our time will be. This is what is scary- the unknown.

Whether or not you are afraid of it or not- one thing should always be remembered: We are all works of art- wouldn't we all want the best version of ourselves and put it on display?

Our best selves that we can bring forward is the most beautiful art.

Unfortunately, many of us to reuse to treat our bodies as beautiful pieces of art and instead- slowly destroy them.I believe that there is such a thing as ugly art work.

Many people also talk about self love and self acceptance- but are you really loving your body if you are gradually destroying it. Accepting the unhealthy you is accepting the fact that you will eventually die or hurt yourself for what you are doing currently. I assure you that is NOT self love.

In my opinion, not living to your fullest potential, or deteriorating yourself, is ugly. Living unhealthy is ugly. And I will shame you for it if you are doing so.

If you are overweight and overeating,

If you are a skeleton with skin and starving yourself,

If you are a smoker,

If you choose to not to work hard and study in school,

If you are an alcoholic and refuse to get any help,

I will not pity you.

I will shame you.

And I will be okay with others shaming you as well.

Because you have every opportunity to get help and help yourself- but continue to choose to ruin yourself- and that is ugly.

What is even worse is that many of us are hypocrites- we shame others while living shameful lives. We also may not know if the lives we are shaming are even shameful. For example, someone may look at a woman and call her “fat” but in reality she has a thyroid problem and is probably eating right and is having a hard time shedding off the weight. Another example of this would be shaming a someone who continues to stay in an abusive relationship, but if we look beneath the surface, we realize that the person is being controlled financially. Which is why they continue to stay. Although every human being is prone to doing this, Judging a book by its cover is ugly and isn’t doing ourselves any good. We all must try to stay away from doing this. Furthermore, we must make sure that we are living our lives to the best we can before we begin to judge another.

In my opinion, the only shaming that is right- which is there to help people- is shaming someone you know and only for them living ugly, unhealthy lives.

Screw shaming all together unless you know the person.

If you do know the person- and they are making a wreck of themselves- then shame them- go ahead.

Everyone needs a wake up call once in awhile.

But make sure you aren't living an unhealthy lifestyle as well- are you living to your fullest potential?

People don’t take the gift of life seriously. We all think a 100 years is a long time, or how a 45 minute class is taking FOREVER, yet we also complain about how quickly high school or college flies by. Time isn't a slow moving tortoise, waiting for you to get things done- time flies- fast. As dark as this sounds, before you know it, you will be on your deathbed, or even worse- face an expected death.

Which is why i keep reiterating the fact that we should all keep our bodies in pristine condition. All it takes is just pushing yourself and giving yourself that willpower to get into the routine of treating your body like a work of art. It’s so simplistic: Work hard. Do what you love. Eat right. Exercise. Don't do anything destructive to your body. Put yourself around positive people. Get help if necessary. Have Fun. Laugh. Love. Live in the moment.

Don’t all those things sound so great?

Now when I say eat right and exercise I don't mean adopt the eating habits of a bodybuilder, you can, but I simply just mean to stay away from junk food. Choose an apple instead. You might really want those Oreos- but would it be best for your body? The average adult just needs 150 minutes of moderate activity a week to stay healthy. Maybe during one of your next Netflix binge watch sessions- you could fit in a work out too!

Basically, before you make any decision, ask yourself- is this really good for my work of art?

This is coming from someone who used to be overweight, depressed, anxious, irresponsible, lazy, and all around just living the most ugly life.

I know what it's like.

And it is possible to turn your life around.

Although it has been a slow and steady pace, I do believe I am at the best version of myself thus far.

But that's not the end of it.

Because we should always be striving to be better people.

In relation, Ernest Hemingway had said a beautiful combination of words,

“There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.”

Life is really all mindset.

If you think life is bleak- then it will be.

If you think life is positive and that nothing is perfect- then it will be.

Perfection is non existent.

But the best we can be can exist and it can happen.

So what are you waiting for?

Make your life a work of art.

Be your own muse.