5 Reasons Why Pit Bulls Are Not What They Seem

Pit Bulls are so misunderstood, it is time that we stand up for them.

182

Pit Bulls are one of the most misunderstood breeds of dogs. They are thought to be vicious fighting dogs and that they cannot be trusted. There are several reasons why Pit Bulls are not what society makes them out to be.

1. Pit Bulls are the product of their environment

Their owners are responsible for how the dog turns out. When the owner trains them to be a fighter then that is all the dog knows. However, responsible dog owners train their dogs the correct way, which is to be sweet, lovable pets. I firmly believe that dogs should be a part of the family and should not be used as a fighter.

2. Pit Bulls are babies

I know from personal experience that Pit Bulls are big babies. My brothers both have Pit Bulls and they are nothing but sweet dogs that are full of love and affection. Even my brother’s dog that we think was used as a bait dog for a fighting ring is the sweetest dog. Brewster may not get along with other dogs, but that does not make him a bad dog. Not all dogs get along with other dogs, it is not just Pit Bulls who do not get along with other dogs.

3. Pit Bulls aim to please

Just like all dogs, Pit Bulls just want to please you. Dogs aim to please, they want to feel that they are doing what you want of them. When they get all the praise and love it makes them feel proud of themselves. Pit Bulls do what is asked of them because they know that it will make their owners happy and that is important to them, whether people want to believe it or not.

4. Pit Bulls are not different than past dogs that were thought to be aggressive

The government tried to ban Dobermans, Rottweilers, and German Shepherds because they were thought to be aggressive dogs. These breeds of dogs are used by people to be protectors of their homes, this is because they have that intimidating look about them. However, when the dogs are not on guard of their house they are sweethearts. There was an attempt to ban these dogs; however, it was proven that they were not really aggressive and that they were not what they were made out to be. People think that Pit Bulls are aggressive when they are just protectors and when they are not protecting they go back to being babies.

5. Pit Bulls are a family dog

Many people stray away from people who have Pit Bulls when they have their children with them. In reality, Pit Bulls will run and play with the children, allowing both the children and the dog to get pent-up energy out. Pit Bulls are energetic dogs and that is perfect for a family with children because they will have a playmate that can play for as long as the children want.

Tia Torres, star of the show Pit Bulls and Parolees, shows just how special the breed is. They are one of the most misunderstood breeds. It needs to be shown that Pit Bulls are not bad dogs, it is the bad owners that make them into bad dogs. More people need to advocate for the breed and show that they are not what the media portrays them to be.