Why Not to Vote For Donald Trump

Why Not to Vote For Donald Trump

It's Not a Joke Anymore
5

Donald Trump is not a joke anymore, no matter how much late night TV coverage he gets. The fact is, people need to realize the threat he poses to U.S. democracy. When people from his own party are rallying together to stop him, you know it's a problem. Even though people don't trust the government, this one they actually know what they're doing. No one is doing that to Bernie Sanders, other than Hillary Clinton and the media. Below are reasons, not jokes, that show the inability of Donald Trump to lead the free world.

1. He built a brand, not a business

1. His net worth fluctuates, although his website boasts that is worth is over $10 billion. (In all caps). It has also been estimated to be $4 billion, with a high of $8 billion and as low as $150-200,000.
  2. His own daughter Ivanka stated in an interview that while passing a homeless man, he said that “that man has a billion dollars more than me” because he was so badly in debt.
  3. When building his real estate business that included casinos, hotels, golf courses and other ventures, these projects are usually not built by Trump himself, but his name is leased out to put on the building, rather than operating it under his company.
  4. Ventures like Trump steaks, Trump Vodka, Trump Magazine, GoTrump.com, and Trump University all failed terribly and he is currently being sued for fraud over Trump University.

2. He tells it like it is, but is usually false

1. Website Politifact has rated 76% of his statements as varying degrees of false.
  2. His claims that China is destroying us in trade, which is just not true, as said by a former speechwriter for the Nixon Administration and well-known economist, Ben Stein. He stated that right now we are not in debt to China and China gives us high-quality goods at a low price. Starting a trade war would ruin this relationship and not bring jobs back at all. There is no meaningful relationship between lost jobs in America and the country of China.
  3. He brags about self-funding his campaign, which also isn’t entirely true.
  4. He has loaned his campaign 17 million dollars, and only given $250,000. He can earn that 17 million back from campaign funds before the Republican National Convention.
  5. As John Oliver said, try loaning your significant other an anniversary gift.
  6. He’s actually taken in over $7 million in campaign donations

3. He’s just not tough

1. The reason other candidates have taken so long to fight back is because this has never happened before.
  2. He always threatens to sue people for doing things to him, but almost never follows through.
  3. He says he will “kick ISIS’s ass," put Vladamir Putin in his place and make Mexico pay for a wall he wants to build, but refused to be a part of a debate because he doesn't like Megyn Kelly.
  4. As soon as anyone attacks him, he starts yelling and insulting them and offers absolutely no policy points or constructive response. This can all be seen in any debate.

4. He was a Democrat before

1. 10-15 years ago Donald Trump was pro-choice, pro-gay marriage and he supported democrats and funded their campaigns.
  2. He invited Hillary Clinton to his (third) wedding. He supported liberal methods and legislation for most of his life.

5. Conclusion

1. On top of his numerous examples of being unqualified to be president, he has shown that he is a racist, an islamophobe and a liar.
  2. When given the chance to denounce his supporters from the KKK, he said, “I don’t know anything about it, I would have to look into it.” However he has no problem blaming Mexicans and China and women and other minorities for the inefficiencies of this country. (He has since disavowed them).
  3. We have no idea which of his conflicting views he will hold in office.
  4. Quite frankly, I don’t agree with any Republican candidate, but if you are Republican, I implore you to at least vote against this disaster.