Why Mother's Day Shouldn't Be A 'Day'

Why Mother's Day Shouldn't Be A 'Day'

Because who else would ever have had the patience to deal with me as an adolescent?

118
Why Mother's Day Shouldn't Be A 'Day'
vo.msecnd.net/

Everyone has their idea and their own experiences on what a mother is and how they should be. Sometimes you love them, and sometimes you just can't handle all the nagging to clean your room or get those dishes washed, but if there's one thing I've learned, it's that Mother's Day shouldn't be a national holiDAY. It's gotta be something that we appreciate more often than we do. Every single day.

Whether you're adopted, have a million siblings, or don't have a mother anymore, everyone has had one or someone they regarded as one. Formed as a holiday in America in 1914, the celebrations often entail gifting mothers flowers, chocolate, and often handling household chores for her, but I think there's so much more to it that we forget in our commercialized society. Many mothers do still handle many activities that we consider to be quite domestic, but many have also evolved from the stereotype and are out in the workforce bringing home the moola too. They support their famillies in many ways that we often don't realize, and they often don't even get any recognition for it.

Do we have a 'Kid's Day'? Children are loved always by their parents, even when they're being disciplined. We're constantly shown love by someone whose given the ultimate task to even birth you, and then continue to put up with you overtime. I know I've been a pain on more than one occasion when it comes to my mom, and as close as our relationship is, I still don't think I show her how much I appreciate her.

With everything that they do, shouldn't mothers be cherished always? They should feel empowered for everything that they do every single day, because they're more important than we ever give them credit for. Whether they're a stay-at-home mom, a business woman, a widow, or a grandmother, these women have given more for us than we will ever know, and they deserve to be appreciated everyday for how hard they work.

So you know what Mom? I want you to know you're one of my best friends in the whole world, and that I'm blessed to have the relationship and the dynamic with you that I have. I know that everyone says they have the best mom in the world, but I truly mean it when I say it, and I want you to know that I mean it even when I don't say it. I want you to know how important you are to me, and that starts by me supporting you like you have supported me every single day since you birthed me. Thank you for bringing me into this crazy world, because there's no one else I'd rather run errands with just to be spending time with you.

I love you Mom. Happy Mother's Day (everyday).