Why Lea Michele Is My Role Model

Why Lea Michele Is My Role Model

She's my lamp-post along the way.
167
“It's so important, so comforting, to have lampposts in this world who can light the way.”
- Lea Michele

Lea Michele is an actress, performer, and singer. She is best known for her role as “Rachel Berry’ on the hit series Glee. I discovered Lea Michele in 2014 when I really needed some guidance. From her, I got just that. She is a constant inspiration to me and many others around the world. She is filled with positive energy, happiness, and strength. If you’re looking for someone to be inspired by, Lea Michele should be that person and here’s why:

She's Confident in her Skin

“We live in a world of self-deprecation, and while it’s healthy to make fun of ourselves from time to time, it bothers me when I see women of all ages belittling their accomplishments because they don’t want to appear boastful or overconfident. You don’t see a lot of guys out there underplaying their strengths or making light of what they’re good at, so why should women? While I get that there’s a fine line between owning your accomplishments and reciting every line of your résumé, there is absolutely no shame in being proud of what you’ve managed to achieve! Own it!”
- Lea Michele

Not only is Lea confident about her professional career, but she is extremely confident in her body. She has posed for both swimwear and nude photo shoots. She has no issue flaunting her body. She inspires me to not be afraid showing off my body even when I do not feel the best in my skin.

She’s Extremely Healthy

Lea lives a very active lifestyle. She is constantly hiking, working out, and doing yoga. She attends many exercise classes to stay in shape. She has scheduled work-out routines and takes her health very seriously. She eats very healthy and deeply cares about what she puts into her body by varying from different diet-styles. I strive to be as healthy and fit as she is.

She’s Strong

Lea Michele has faced grief up-close and personal. In 2013, Lea lost her co-star and boyfriend, Cory Monteith to a drug overdose. The grief made her a stronger person by empowering her in many ways. She came out with a book and an album shortly after. She taught me to make the best out of anything that comes my way and to face it with bravery.

She Follows Her Dreams

Lea Michele started off in Les Miserables. She worked on and off Broadway which led her to acting on the hit series Glee. She has always worked hard to achieve her dreams by doing anything and everything to reach them. She’s successful due to her perseverance. She inspires me to chase my dreams.

She’s Full of Positivity

Lea is all about maintaining positivity throughout her life. She believes that laughter is a huge part of life. She surrounds herself with good people all while staying in good health. She loves to travel and try new things. Lea is kind to herself and others and makes positivity the main priority in her life.