Why It Is Okay To Love Yourself This Valentine's Day

Sometimes loving yourself is the hardest thing to do, but it's totally worth it...
17

As soon as I hear the words "Valentine's Day," I feel a bit of sadness overcome me. I see so many of my friends in happy relationships anxiously discussing the excitement brought on by this lovely day. Between cute DIY gifts and nice dinner dates, I cannot help but think how I am going to be spending this Valentine's Day, like every other, alone. Now, I have dated a couple of guys here and there, but none of them lasted long enough to embrace this day with me. Over the years, I have definitely become more accepting of this and learned how to love myself instead. And today, I am going to tell you 10 reasons why it is okay to love yourself this Valentine's Day:

1. Love yourself because no one else has your smile

2. Love yourself because when you are confident, others will attract to you

3. Love yourself because it is not up to others to love you; it is up to you

4. Love yourself because you are inspirational

5. Love yourself because you have a beautiful mind

6. Love yourself because your scars tell a story of how strong you are

7. Love yourself because you light up a room as soon as you walk in

8. Love yourself because you can grow from your mistakes

9. Love yourself because, at the end of the day, it is the only love you need

10. Love yourself because there is only one YOU

So, instead of sulking on this Valentine's Day, put on your favorite outfit, do your hair and makeup, and show the world how you love yourself!