Why I Started Working Out and Meditating Everyday

I was living a super unhealthy lifestyle, I needed a change in my life.

15
Photo by Jared Rice on Unsplash

We've all been there telling ourselves that we will start to eat healthier on Monday or we will try again next week. For me, I was telling myself that every week. Back in December, I gave birth to my beautiful baby girl, however, with my pregnancy I gained 70 pounds. Being a senior, pregnant and trying to figure out a place to live with my fiancé was a lot of stress at the time. I was very dependent on eating and wasn't moving around a lot. 9 months later after giving birth to Leyla I was ready for a change. I needed to stop pushing it off for another day.

I've been looking around different programs and I was really set on Beachbody. About two weeks ago I started the program and I'm almost down 6 pounds. My stress levels have decreased, I'm less moody, I have more energy, and I just feel better all together. I wasn't expecting results...I wasn't expecting myself to work out every single day either. However, the container system I am following is super effective when you have to pack your lunch or when you are on the go. Mentally, I feel like I have discovered a new love for something and I am cooking healthy meals. I meal prep at the end of the day with pumpkin overnight oats or chicken in my Instant Pot.

Another huge part that has helped me in meditating. I had gotten an advertisement on Instagram for Headspace being free for unemployed individuals so I signed up immediately. At first I was uncomfortable since I had never meditated before but with time I got better at it! Every morning they have something called the "Wake Up" which is a small meditation followed by a story. Before I go to bed, I will do another meditation right before I go to sleep. The most positive thing about meditating is that I sleep a million times better. Healthy sleep is essential during these times of stress, Headspace acknowledges that as well. Headspace has programs that help you fall asleep to!

The biggest things that have changed for me are: more energy, a more optimistic look out on life, and better concentration back. I was truly struggling with being able to focus on daily tasks and daily chores. I'm not saying you should sign up for a program but you need to move your body! A lot of us are doing remote learning right now so we need to make sure we dedicate the time to stretch and move. Take 30 minutes out of your day to walk, do yoga, explore, anything! Mental clarity will help you achieve your goals! Meditation is extremely beneficial with me as well. Without it I feel as if I would not be in a good state of mind. There are a lot of triggers of stress in my life currently so taking ten minutes to unwind is a necessity for me. Plan a time in your day so you can be present for yourself. I hope to keep updates on my progress and let you know how I am doing!