8 Powerful Reasons Why Galentine's Day Is TheBomb.Com

Girl power is the best kind of power.

63
Matty Foster

People hype Valentine’s Day up so much and often forget about the holiday that comes exactly a day before: Galentine’s Day! Here are seven reasons why you should celebrate Galentine’s Day tomorrow:

1. Leslie Knope invented it.

Listen. Leslie Knope is a brilliant, powerful musk-ox. She is a QUEEN. She's an expert in all things government, breakfast food, and friendship. On Galentine’s Day, we get a chance to make Leslie Knope’s idea a reality.

2. It gives you a chance to not think about romantic relationships.

In today's culture when we are suffocated by romantic relationships on TV, novels, fan fiction, and even in real life, it's nice to have a break from it all and just spend time with your lovely friends.

3. It's literally an excuse to eat a significant amount of breakfast food.

Given Leslie Knope’s notorious obsession with waffles, it's fitting to celebrate Galentine’s Day over breakfast. So, go crazy and order as many types of waffles as you can with as much whipped cream as you can.

4. You can make it your own.

It doesn't have to be a meal! You can celebrate Galentine’s Day however you want as long as you're spending it with the right people. That can mean knitting, bowling, and whatever else.

5. It reminds you of the love you have for your girlfriends.

We don't spend enough time with our friends. We're always caught up in school and work and trying not to spend too much money on food. When do we really spend quality time with friends? And no, partying does not count.

Galentine’s Day is a perfect way to catch up with those who you haven't connected with in a long time.

6. It's a good way to meet new people.

Not only can you strengthen old friendships, but you can also create new ones! Have your girlfriends invite their girlfriends, and their girlfriends invite their girlfriends. Talk with them, laugh with them, and bond! If you do it right, you could walk out with new friends.

7. It's a treat yo’self day in disguise.

Sometimes we have to be our number #1 fan. Just because someone else isn't going to buy you flowers and chocolates doesn't mean you can't do it yourself! So treat yourself! That totally fits with the spirit of Galentine's Day.

8. It reminds you that you are NOT alone.

As you sit there among people you love and people who love you, you get a chance to be reminded that you are not alone. You are loved -- maybe not in the same way that is overly publicized -- but you are loved, and that is enough.