You Are Not Alone

You Are Not Alone

Why everyone needs a support system
165

You may be independent.

You may like to do things alone.

And you may prefer living life that way.

But everyone, no matter who you are, needs a support system. Whether it be one person or five, it is so important to know that you are not alone in this big, big world. No matter how you choose to utilize these people, whether it be pouring your heart out, crying, watching a movie in silence, or going for a car ride, you need to do it.

You don't have to bottle things up inside, keeping everything to yourself. That's unhealthy. For your body, for your emotions, for your mind -- it can do things to you. It can tear you down. When having someone, anyone, it can help build you back up when you need it the most.

It's funny how much better you can feel, once you have told someone about the cause of your stress. A certain kind of weight is lifted off your shoulders, and you know that someone is there for you, for whatever you may need.

It is not a display of weakness, to ask for help. It won't make you any less of a person. In fact, it will make you a stronger one. It is okay to need help, to reach out to others. It's okay to cry, to scream, to let all of your feelings out. It's the only way you will ever feel a little less stress and a little more peace.

You may be independent.

You may like to do things alone.

But there are 7.442 billion people in the world, so please, don't try to go through this life alone.