Why I Admire My Mother

Why I Admire My Mother

When someone has done so much for you, where do you begin?
18063

She’s smart.

My mother is extensively knowledgeable in all sorts of subjects, from politics to history to the medical field. When she starts spitting medical jargon, it sounds like a second language to me.

She’s bilingual.

Sometimes when it sounds like she’s speaking another language, she actually is. When she switches from English, I’m applauding her, envious of her, and confused all at the same time.

She always supports me.

No matter what decision I’m making or what activity I’m in, she's always there for me. She gives me advice on what she thinks I should do, but in the end, she's always by my side.

She’s great at her job.

She’s dedicated, sweet, and caring. She’s good at what she does.

She’s a good cook.

If I tried to thank my mom for every meal she’s made for me, bought for me, or packed for me, I would be here all day and probably still wouldn’t finish.

She’s always reading.

Being thoughtful and growing are pretty admirable ways to spend free time.

She’s funny.

My mom and I have had so many great times. She’s not afraid to be silly, and we share a sense of humor that leaves us laughing hysterically all the time.

She stands by her beliefs.

She isn’t afraid to stand up for what she believes in. She’s genuine, informed, loyal, and brave.

She’s selfless.

My mother always puts herself last. She does it because she is one of the most caring and loving people I know, but I hope that she also sometimes takes the time to put herself first, too.

She loves her family more than anything else.

If I had to choose only one characteristic to define a great mother, it would probably be this. It’s sometimes hard to comprehend such unconditional love, but my mother has created such an amazing family that I know I will love for the rest of my life.