Why 2017 Needs To Be The Year We Bring Back Meaningful Relationships

It's time I find something that is worth it.

26
YouQueen

I'm tired of wasting my time on false hope. I'm tired of seeing couples fight on social media. I'm tired of seeing her cry while her boyfriend is out with someone else. I'm tired of thinking that the person I love and would do anything for is in love with another girl (true story). I'm tired of letting my insecurities derived from the media interfere in my personal feelings and relationships with guys I like. And I'm tired of the fake ideology of what "real relationships" are.

I want to experience real, genuine, young love. The young love where I can vibe with someone and never have that vibe fade away or burn out. Because there is nothing better than having someone who can connect with you not just physically, but emotionally and spiritually. This is something we need to have more of this year instead of a "fling" or "one night stand".

Rejection

I get it I hate rejection too, but how are we suppose to learn? It is never easy. Don't give up on that feeling inside just because you got rejected. Take some time to get up, and go find something better. Not everything is going to be handed to us, especially relationships. That is for you to go find, explore, create and make the best of it. It sucks because once we get rejected, we get our heart broken and give up on one of the most important things in life: relationships. Humans need relationships because it is part of our growth and development.

We're letting the social media define what relationships should be like, and I refuse to let my love life or any other relationship I have in the future be depicted by those lenses.

It's bad enough that people, such as myself who is recovering from my insecurities, has to see girls my age who already have plastic surgery done and flaunt themselves to get someone's attention. It is truly a sad part of this generation where we let someone tell us who we should be, how we should look like and act. When in reality we're beautiful people who just want to be loved and be who we are without someone putting us down.

This is the era where texts vs. person to person, emojis vs. hugs & kisses, Victoria Secret lingerie vs. flowers & sweets is valued more and has become the modern way of relationships. Yes, it's nice, but it's not everything. I'm not a relationship expert, but I've seen relationships fail because it was built from lies, mind games and materialistic things. Money solves problems, and it is a necessity to survive, but you don't need money to love someone or to be loved. And not all relationships are like this, but unfortunately, some of them are, and it is annoying and unfair for the good people who want are looking for something sincere and can't.

Value the important things in life.

Having "hoes" should not be anyone's aspiration. We all deserve respect. Men or women. Respect is respect. Being called something disgraceful like that is not respect or something that should be accepted. It is time we ditch that foul language and find someone who you love, care for and RESPECT.

Break ups happen. It's life. It's not always that you will fall in love with one person and stay with them forever. Things change because life happens. But just because you break up with that person no matter what went down, you should take it to the media to expose about that person. The media doesn't need to know every single micro detail about your relationship.

Generalization

I have a few guy friends who are wonderful guys, aren't afraid to show their feelings, and know how to treat the person they like with dignity and respect. But here's the catch--they don't always get the chance they deserve.

One would rather get the asshole who is good looking, sweet talker, most popular, and even know though they will treat her like shit, she will still hold on. And then when it is really over, a wonderful guy (like some my guy friends) feel like they have no chance to value that girl who's heart was broken because the girl will generalization that guy as "all guys are bad".

I, myself have been through rough crappy relationships, but I never give up because if I want a meaningful relationship I have to keep trying. I love someone, they break my heart and the process gets repeated. Trial and error. Yes, it looks silly, but how am I suppose to be strong? How else am I suppose to know what I want? I'm not a quitter, naive, yes, but I will always fight for what I want and believe in, even if I crushed every single time. I am strong and so are you.

It is okay if you don't find Ms. Right or Mr. Right right now, but it is not okay to give up on finding a meaningful relationship. Be sincere, be honest, and be strong! As cliche as it sounds, everything happens for a reason and if it is meant to be it will happen.

Don't let the media tell you what to do. Don't let her Instagram pictures make you feel like you need to look like her. Don't idealize non-realistic things.

Self-love

It really is true what they say about self-love. Loving yourself before loving someone else is important for you. I am still struggling with that because I always put others interest and happiness before mine. I felt like it was selfish of me not to, but recently I realized this is why I always get screwed over because I care for and love others more than myself. It is a long process, but it will be tough, but it will prepare you for handling heartbreaks.

I hope this year bring a lot positive vibes, sincere love, and happiness for those who seek meaningful relationships!