To Whom This May Concern

To Whom This May Concern

You might need it now, or you might need it later.

13
To Whom This May Concern

Hey, so I might not know you, or I might, but that's beside the point.

I wanted to write you this letter to let you know that you got this. That whatever you're going through in life right now, you can get through it and enjoy life so much more because of it. There are going to be moments in your life when you don't know if you're going to be able to handle it, but you can. And you will. You're going to come to these moments and be absolutely terrified, and so unprepared, but afterward you'll look back and be so proud of the person you became.

There are some problems in life that we inflict upon ourselves from mistakes, everyone makes them and theres no avoiding their consequences. You might be cornered by all of your mistakes and feel so vulnerable and exposed, and you're just going to have to sit there and take it. Take all the finger points and whispers, all the eyes staring at you and telling you how terrible you are, but you have to know that mistakes don't define you. Mistakes give birth to what makes up the beautiful person that you are, through strength, compassion, forgiveness and love. You will find strengths in yourself that you never knew existed. Sometimes you're going to want to crawl up into your bed, and that's okay, but you will have to face the world tomorrow and make the best out of the worst.

You're going to be okay, I promise. As long as you try, as long as you keep looking forward to see all the goodness that lies just beyond all this darkness. As long as you keep your chin high enough to see over all the people that are trying to hurt you, you're going to be just fine. It might take some time but you'll get there. And you will look back on this time in your life as one of the hardest times in your life, but you will also see that you made it out of it, you made something of yourself and grew immensely as a human being.

There are also problems in your life that are not your fault and there's nothing you can do about it. You can't be angry at anyone but the sky and you will feel like theres nothing left to hold onto except the earth beneath your feet, and even that is fleeting. There is no scarier moment than the moment you find out you have two options, and those two options are to fight or to give up. There is nothing more terrifying than seeing your life split right down the center of the road, and you don't know where either of them will lead.

I ask you to keep in mind that there is rarely a time when someone regrets trying, regrets giving their all to something, even if it doesn't work out. Because at least you didn't quit, and you can say that you tried everything, and this is the way life decided to go. So why be upset over something that is exactly the way its suppose to be, that there is nothing you can do about it so why not just sit back and see whats going to happen next. Miracles do happen you know.

Life will hand you heartache, and war and sickness, and you can't help that. You can't change that as much as you can change the direction the world spins, you are far smaller than you seem and sometimes all your strength is going to come short. But guess what? Sometimes, you have just enough. Sometimes the purpose behind your fight was to see how strong you are, and to see how beautiful life is. Sometimes it takes the fear of losing something, or someone to put into perspective how important it is to smile while you can. To take each day as something that will never happen again.

You can fight whatever is trying to hurt you, you can take it down and you can beat it. And if you can't? I ask you to believe that theres a reason for that, even if it seems impossible, that sometimes things just happen to cause pain and suffering, but if you look at it that way life gets pretty damn dark. So even if you don't believe it at first, you gotta just think that theres gotta be something that someone somewhere is going to get out of this.

So when the day comes that life hands you hardship, know that you have it in you to do it. Other wise it wouldn't have been given to you, that tough life wouldn't have been given to you if you weren't built to live it.

You got this dude, live it up.

Sincerely,

Someone that's been at the bottom, and isn't there anymore.