5 Companies You Should Give Your Business To This Season

5 Companies You Should Give Your Business to This Holiday Season

5 places you can feel good about buying gifts from this Christmas

68

With the holiday season now in full swing, many of us are searching for the perfect gifts for those close to us. Here are 5 companies that you can actually feel confident purchasing from and giving your business to.

1. Love Your Melon

You may have seen people walking around with these trendy hats and beanies with fluffy poms and patches sewn on the front saying "Love Your Melon". Though it might seem like a cute saying and just another new fad, these hats are creating an impact that we should keep around for as long as possible. Created by two students in an entrepreneurship class at the University of St. Thomas, this company gives 50% of their net profit from all their product sales, to the Love Your Melon fund, which supports their nonprofit partners fighting childhood cancer and organizes therapeutic experiences and charitable programs for patients and their families.

The company began its journey to put a hat on every child in America fighting cancer in October of 2012 and since has done just that. Surpassing their original goal of giving 45,000 hats (one for every child fighting cancer in the nation), to date the company has given over 149,000 hats to child cancer patients and 4.7 million dollars to pediatric cancer research.

Though they're known for their beanies, you can purchase headbands, apparel, blankets, home goods, and other accessories at https://loveyourmelon.com

2. Pura Vida Bracelets 

This popular bracelets company and their string bracelets have taken a lot of the world by storm. It all began when two college graduates Griffin That and Paul Goodman, took a celebratory trip to Costa Rica, where they encountered two native artisans who specialized in bracelet making.

The Southern California men talked to the artisans about their business, and how they were currently living in poverty with their families. requested an order of 400 bracelets, to take back to San Diego and sell. When the 400 were quickly gone, the partnership began. Now, the company named after the popular saying, and more importantly way of life, meaning "pure life", encourages their customers to enjoy the simplest things in life that bring them joy.

Every bracelet purchased on their website is handcrafted by artisans all over the world, as their community has expanded to over 350 countries worldwide, including El Salvador and India. They have also started a Charity Collection that has allowed them to partner with over 174 different charities and donate over $1,534,879.

If you're looking to purchase any accessories this holiday season for gifts or for yourself, visit https://www.puravidabracelets.com and use the code MICALAHBRUNDAGE20 for 20% off your order!

3. The Giving Keys

A hidden gem to many, this Pay It Forward company has managed to create 143,612 hours of work for people transitioning out of homelessness in Los Angeles, California. They provide people experiencing homelessness with full-time jobs at the living wage in LA, with benefits and paid time off for appointments regarding housing, education, and casework.

The company hires people who are homeless to create and sell accessories all incorporating keys, such as key necklaces, bracelets, and earrings. Typically each key is stamped with an inspirational word, such as their 3 core values dream, create, and inspire. The company in the spirit of their purpose which is forgiving and pay it forward, encourage their customers to at some point, at their own discretion, pass on their key to someone who needs to be reminded of the inspirational message and the meaning behind this company in its entirety.

All this information and the accessories sold and created by The Giving Keys, can be found at https://www.thegivingkeys.com

4. Etsy 

If you want to support small businesses and their owners, Etsy is the perfect website to buy from this holiday season. With it's increased popularity over the years, many have heard of the site where individuals can create their own online "shops" and sell personalize or handmade goods and antiques. Etsy strives to allow creators of goods a place to connect with millions of potential buyers and keep the interaction between people, even when it comes to online shopping.

The possibilities are endless on Etsy, as there are shops pertaining to stationary, home goods, toys, art, collectibles, clothing https://www.etsy.com

5. Love+One International 

If you're a fan of country singer Thomas Rhett and his wife Lauren Akins like I am, you may have heard of this organization. The couple holds it near and dear to their heart, as it strives to help children in Uganda, where one of their daughters is adopted from.

Love+One was founded by Suzanne Mayernick, also a parent of a daughter adopted from Uganda, JosieLove. Upon the Mayernick's arrival to Uganda to bring their then 3-1/2-year-old home, they found her sick with malaria and tuberculosis and HIV positive. As her daughter received care and love back in their home, Suzanne Mayernick was inspired to help these children back in Uganda and other underprivileged communities.

She created her organization 147 Million Orphans, which later transpired into a charity operation focused on providing ministry, health and care needs to kids named Love+One International, named after her daughter JosieLove and using the + to indicate their support for individuals who are HIV positive. You can find more information, donate, and buy Love+One gear to support this awesome cause at https://www.loveoneinternational.org