Why You Shouldn't Buy At The College Bookstore
News

College bookstores are just another form of them taking money from us.

256
Daenne Dolce

College books stores should be more friendly (not to say that books should be free) because tuition alone is already pretty pricey, and then we have to pay double or even triple the price for certain things.

I have been to one community college and two universities and there is no difference whatsoever between the bookstores, they are all the same when it comes to price.

As a freshman, I bought all my books at the bookstore because I was so excited to start college. If you are freshmen, and you did the same, no worries, I got you (we all have been there). You will learn from your mistakes just like I did. I just hope that it takes you less time than it took me. After buying all my books on my first semester, I still didn't learn and did the same on my second semester. Some of those books I didn't even use for class and it was a waste of money. Since then, I wouldn't buy my books at the book store until I go to class and see if there is another option. Some professors require a manual on the first week, in that case, you do have to buy your books, just don't do it at your college bookstore.

Here are a few tips for all my college folks:

1. Don't buy the book because you most likely won't use it.

2. Wait to see if your professor requires you to have it.

3. Find a student who previously took that class and lend/buy/rent from them.

4. Visit eBay, Amazon, Chegg, or Bigwords to see who has a better deal for books.

5. Go to your local bookstore.

6. Finally, if you are out of luck and none of the above works, go to your college's bookstore.

I sincerely wish that things go better for you than it did for me during your book buying experience.

Xoxo,

DD