8 Textbook Rental Websites That Beat The Campus Bookstore

Goodbye expensive textbooks. Hello textbook rentals.

51

Its that time of year again. The beginning of the school semester, aka the 2 months out of the year where you say hasta la vista to your money due to buying textbooks. Don't you know us college kids are ballin on a budget? Yes, that's correct. TEXTBOOKS. Why are these things so darn expensive? In a blink of in eye you easily spend $500 on books. Have you had enough? Because I have, which is why I did one thing that changed my life forever: rent books instead of buy. There are many perks to renting books instead of buying them. The number one reason is saving money. Plus, you don’t have to keep the book afterward. You only need it for ONE class for ONE semester anyways. Take a look at these 9 textbook rental websites to save money and rent your books!

1. Amazon

This is hands down my go-to book rental site. Especially if you have Amazon Prime, take advantage of it! Amazon is fast and credible, whats not to love?

2. Chegg

I love Chegg. You can sell your old textbooks for cash, too! Not only do they email you to remind you of your textbook return date, but they also give you a call as well. T-god for reminders.

3. Big Words

This website gives you the option to compare prices to not only books but just about everything. You can price compare DVDs, pet supplies, and even bacon. Bonus.

4. Valore

Valore textbook rentals come with free return shipping. They even have a 30-day money back guarantee. Talk about a sweet deal.

5. Campus Book Rentals

Now these are affordable books. According to their website, they’ve saved students over $113,715,753.12. What is even better is that you can highlight the textbook like you own it (major key).

6. Abe Books

Abe books have everything you are looking for. From rare books, to textbooks, to signed books, and to first editions. It’s the bee's knees.

7. Knet Books

From FREE shipping all the way to text message updates, whats not to love? This rental site is both affordable and flexible. Bingo.

8. Facebook pages

My fave. You can buy/sell/trade books with your fellow students. This is the ultimate place to get books, given that the students you are buying it from know all the stops about the professor, class, etc.